Trump's mysterious hospital visit was for a colonoscopy, kept secret because he's embarassed by that sort of thing

It all seems a bit of a waste of time when they could just ask a GOP spokesman to report back.

6 Likes

Also, didn’t all that happen on a Friday night? I suppose it’s possible to get a colonoscopy on Friday night, but unlikely, even for the POTUS.

But if it did happen, evidently they were careful not to nick the glands.

Y’know, I actually had to think about that one.

4 Likes

Yeah, just give Kevin, Lindsey, Mike, Jared, etc. a headlamp and a gopro!

6 Likes

He wasn’t full enough.

1 Like

I think I’ve seen that Bunuel film! It is we the audience that are being mocked for our appropriation of bourgeois tastes that will actually never be affordable to us nor yet offer fulfilment. We gaslight ourselves as to the nature of the trap we walk into, seemingly voluntarily.

8 Likes

The only thing “GI” about tRump, is his lower tract.

2 Likes

Now we all have to stand in the fishtank and sing “Jerusalem”.

4 Likes

Grisham: Trump needed a colonoscopy but kept it secret because he didn’t trust Pence to take over authority while he was sedated.
Katie Rogers: second stage of the human centipede.
Haberman, glancing over Rogers’ digest: Trump needed a colonoscopy and decided against sedation [ed: yeah sure].

Not just journamalistic stenography, but incompetent stenography.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Not to be critical, it’s just so weird that Trump’s alleged colonoscopy is greeted with skepticism while his rages that require a music man to calm - with showtunes! - straight out of Young Frankenstein don’t garner an eyeblink.

3 Likes

Nah, there’s lots of times he doesn’t want his conversations recorded. He may be a narcissistic pathological liar with patent cognitive decline, but he does have decades of experience making sure there are few written or recorded instances of him committing crimes (well, except for all the ones he did publicly as president…)

4 Likes

“But then you notice that there was, after all, genuine danger at hand as a result of his narcissism and incompetence: in this case, an unconscious President with his veep in the dark.”

He underwent the colonoscopy without sedation, that’s the whole point of the story.

Well, it only emptied out part of him. The rest was full to the brim, as usual.

The quesion remains, though. If he did have a colostomy done, then why was it done?

1 Like

Your analogy breaks down with the fact that they are perfectly happy with someone shitting on their table.

1 Like

Trump fucked a lot of things up that they cared about - even before the election, there was a lot of “well, he’s crazy - but he pisses off the libs!” The most extreme example being the number of people who thought, if elected, Trump would start a nuclear war. A sizeable percentage of the people who thought so were planning to vote for him. After the election, there was a lot of “I expected Trump to hurt people - I didn’t think it would be me!” - by people who then voted for him again.

3 Likes

Checking for alien tampering?

2 Likes

Someone looking in Trump’s ass?

There’s a recursion joke in here somewhere, I know it.

“That’s where he’s been!” said Stormy.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe @RHK had it right… maybe he’s one of the 10%…

I hope that’s not what I think it is…

1 Like