Trump's NABJ meltdown: Orange snowflake roasted by Black journalists

9 Likes

NYT - This is how you cover Trump.

Can’t be much longer before TFG is whining on t’Internet that he was badly treated by people insisting on him answering questions.

21 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

28 Likes

He’s already truth-barfing:

27 Likes

“Unfortunately this may not” means the same thing as “potentially it could”. Whether it’s this one or not, keep hammering and sooner or later the nails will go in.

19 Likes

21 Likes

Take no hraka, Prince with a Thousand Enemies.

11 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

The vibe lately in the political landscape feels very different than it did just a week or so ago when Biden dropped out… The media has changed it’s tune, to a great degree and excitement and enthusiasm are WAY the fuck up… People are contributing and volunteering in record numbers, and donating too… Meanwhile, it’s all couch-fucking and fascism on the Trump side…

37 Likes

Yeah… being a Debbie Downer is even less helpful right now than it would usually be.

It only serves to demoralize and exasperate those of us who continue to fight like hell.

Remember, some folks seem to actively want to sink.

33 Likes

I liked the part where he pointed out that many of the journalists in that room were Black, evoking peals of derisive laughter from the audience.

Who could have predicted such a turn of events at the [checks notes] National Association of Black Journalists?

51 Likes

This election isn’t going to be decided by winning over Trump’s cultists or convincing voters who are too wishy-washy to see a difference between the parties. It’s going to be decided by winning over voters who might otherwise sit the election out.

This kind of shit is exactly the kind of thing that motivates normally apathetic voters to understand that the election really does matter too much to take a pass, especially if those voters happen to be People of Color.

42 Likes

Of course he would claim that, the weirdo. He’s like Monty Python’s Black Knight now, using the power of denial because that’s all he has left.

20 Likes

It’s truly astounding that he is digging in on whether a black woman is black when we have yet to figure out what color he is.

28 Likes

I’m seven min in.

O_O

It does sound like there are a half dozen of supporters there. But other than that, it’s a very lonely room and he’s so bad at this.

The snide, sarcastic comments. Jesus Christ.

I wish they showed his answer for what he would do for economic turn around. I am sure it was BS, but still.

19 Likes

The way he tripped over even the softball questions was quite a sight.

A journalist asked him if J.D. Vance would be “ready from day one,” clearly meaning “does he have the qualifications to be President if something happens to you”, and his response was essentially “everyone knows the Vice President doesn’t really make a big difference for who wins.”

So instead of just saying “of course I have confidence in my running mate!” he not only threw Vance under the bus but also made it clear that as far as he’s concerned it doesn’t matter what happens to the country if Trump dies or becomes unable to do the job.

51 Likes

He makes all the usual complaints that he does whenever someone isn’t mindlessly sucking up to him; they are “rude, mean, nasty,” blah, blah, blah.

But I’d bet my next paycheck that audience was under strict conduct rules in order to participate; no booing, throwing things, or being directly disrespectful to that orange asshole and his minions.

I can only wish he was ever subject to the kind of discourteous and cruel treatment he always claims he’s been given.

41 Likes

So this is what it’s like when journalists ask tough questions of Trump and then follow up!

It feels like it’s been so long, it was a bit hard to remember.

Seriously, kudos to the NABJ for pursuing actual journalism.

43 Likes

Ah, he went with his standard erudite and scholarly
“I’m blubber, you’re glue, ask me a difficult question, I’ll ignore it and try and slander you” strategy.

Nailed it :crazy_face:

20 Likes

WOW.

It’s the Colbert quote all over again:

“Just as bad as you thought, and also worse than you possibly imagined.”

23 Likes

“Aprés Moi Le Déluge”

7 Likes