Trump's pastor to flock: Give me your January salary or God will punish you

The N word is also censored out (legitimately), but “mօist” being blocked is a running gag.

3 Likes

Hyung Jin Moon’s church, World Peace and Unification Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, gained national attention[29][30][31] in early 2018 for holding a marriage vows renewal ceremony that asked participants to bring their AR-15 rifles.[32] Hyung Jin Moon has likened the AR-15’s to the biblical “rod of iron”.[33]

com-optimize%20(11)

4 Likes

Oh?

I honestly would think not, but… if that’s the case… where is the massive outcry from Christian leaders and the Christian community – who don’t identify with the accumulation of wealth as the truest path into God’s Grace – denouncing these charlatans every time they poke their noses out into the public forum?

Seems to me they have free run of the playground, and are being allowed to lick everything they want.

If they aren’t the voice for the majority of Christians, why are the majority so silent?

And someone adding “#NotAllChristians” to a tweet doesn’t really cut it. I see that as the equivalent of a cop watching another cop rape a suspect and then saying, “Well, I wouldn’t do that, so we aren’t all bad.” and yet not doing one damned thing to stop the rape. Guilt by mother-fucking association.

4 Likes

You are right. To say Christianity as a whole isn’t broken and putting its worst foot forward in many many cases would be ignoring the problem. And you are right, charlatans and even grifters shouldn’t be allowed to fleece their flocks.

And we’re not quiet. The problem is we are in the face of the most charismatic of cons that people actually believe.

I am sorry these people exist. I’ve seen what they do. That they truly hurt people financially, spiritually and even physically. That a religion founded on values of loving and supporting your neighbors, no matter who they are, could spawn and foster such terrible people. That it could organize them into concentrated groups of greed or in many cases hate. As a Christian seeing this it is endlessly infuriating and I try to do my best to be a better example of my faith.

Many times we speak inwardly about these problems. I’ve attended sermons on the dangers of this and how as stewards of our religion we need to try and push what Christianity should be to the world. And you’re right again: the stand against the shit committed in the name of Christ should be stronger and more visible.

I know it’s not much, my personal apology in the sea of assholery, but know I mean it.

7 Likes

Suicidal Tendencies “Send Me Your Money” was the first thing that came to mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKzBy8nOxY

2 Likes

Well, she gives it to the church…which gives it to her bank account…which is used for God’s work, like buying yachts and Ferraris/s

7 Likes

I was simply pointing out the terminology used by Trump’s cronies.

2 Likes

Also, there’s the well-known effect that the extremists and the outrageous get the most attention. It’s a similar thing with Islam, too, where the vast majority of reasonable Muslims minding their own business and trying to make the world a little better don’t make news, but the violent bastards using religion as an excuse do.

4 Likes

It’s the circle of fuckery
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love

Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle
The circle of fuckery

(note: “our path” is at the bottom)

3 Likes

gotta work in “Money laundering” and “Tax avoidance” into her Song of Holy financial Instruments.

4 Likes

That’s because the Newsweek article is a year old.

Sounds like the NRA to me…

1 Like

Do they give receipts for purchasing indulgences? Do you have to present them when you arrive at the gate to heaven?

All good Christians:
“Eat a fat shmekele, Preacher lady, preferably a greasy one dripping with herpes and hep B. You don’t command God.”

Holy Roller Huckster: “God as my witness, I never use the Lord’s money on anything that only serves myself!”

God: “Da’fuq he just say? Oh, Me, just you wait until you die of natural causes in 40 more years… Back to my nap.”

(scene: at the pearly gates, 40 years later)

Holy Roller Huckster: “No, see, the five personal jets were so that I could get to my flock as fast as possible, all around the world, while also being close to God so I could hear what He wanted better. It’s a legit expense!”

St. Peter: stares blankly before responding “And the seven mansions all around the world?”

Holy Roller Huckster: “You can’t expect me to leave a private jet and stay at Motel 6. Surely?”

St. Peter: stares blankly before responding “The hookers?”

Holy Roller Huckster: “I was working to turn them from their wicked ways!”

St. Peter: “From what we saw, you were working to turn them into pretzels.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.