Trump's pastor to flock: Give me your January salary or God will punish you

I get where you’re coming from, and for sure he’s a total idiot, but . . . in that scenario he would get credit from his followers for being a philanthropist and he would get to keep his money. If you take the cynical view, that is smart.

1 Like

As I wrote, I had a look at her web site and could not find it there. I may have overlooked it, though.

6 Likes

Why is this woman babbling about “first fruits”? It’s not even Passover yet.

Christ: “What an asshole!”

9 Likes

“Save some red jellybeans for me, you can have more of the watermelon ones, I don’t like those ones.”
-Advanced theology.

6 Likes

How about no

3 Likes

■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■

My understanding is that the problem with excessive face lifts is difficulty CLOSING one’s eyes. ISTR that in his last years Liberace used to sleep with his eyes open and had to use eye drops because his eyes would no longer stay closed without positive effort on his part to close them.

2 Likes

For a White House Press Secretary her grammar is horrible.

“I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president, and that’s why he’s there and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.”

2 Likes

No word on whether she thinks God also voted for Obama.

4 Likes

God, Prosperity “gospel” is such a quintessentially American piece of heresy.

I await with horror the day that some enterprising right-wing grifter gets a bit of satanic inspiration and creates a nominally Christian gun cult. Then you’ll have both Mammon and Moloch properly represented.

12 Likes
9 Likes

That’s a tax-free cult, like all prosperity gospel megachurches.

8 Likes

I was thinking about this on the way home. Someone needs to be screaming the message that, as long as there are people living in the streets due to poverty, nobody should own more than one house and and still be considered a Christian. Especially if they are preaching their own gospel of personal wealth and asset accumulation.

“be right” or “get whole”, it’s all a load of bollocks.

Oh does she now? I would love to see some proof of that transaction.

4 Likes

See? I keep telling people that punctuation matters!
Well played. Well played, indeed.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m stealing that… errrrr borrowing and being inspired by the use of punctuation in this

also works great with all New Yorker cartoons

That’s when we need to sic Betty White and the PBS Pledge Enforcement Team on him.

2 Likes

This con is so ridiculously transparent that it honestly baffles me that so many people buy into it.

4 Likes

Oh does she now? I would love to see some proof of that transaction.

Wouldn’t we all. But that’s not how this works. We’re supposed to take them at their word. You know. . . something like “on faith” or something (mumble, mumble, bullshit, mumble).

2 Likes

God has to be taken on faith, because He’s invisible and shit. He’s the hide-and-go-seek champion of the universe.

His lackeys and mouthpieces, however; I have zero faith in any of them.

Or rather, I do have faith that the loudest ones are in it for the loot and wouldn’t give two shits for the flock at all beyond squeezing them for more lucre. They are the wolves the sheep were warned about, and nobody – not even God, apparently – cares about the sheep enough to stop them.

They talk a good game, twist everything to further their agenda, and get enough followers to catapult them into a position to acquire even MOAR! Like any good con artist. And religion is such a good con; mainly because at its core it requires faith, and faith is an excellent invisible blindfold.

I feel if there was a God that gave a damn about us, when these con-people reach a certain point, He would “call their asses home.” The fact that she’s still here, still breathing, along with the rest of these true parasites on humanity, these leeches on our lives and souls… Yeah, sorry. Nobody can convince me God – the God they are trying to sell us – isn’t a lie.

7 Likes