Trump's sleep defense seems unlikely to prevail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/16/trumps-sleep-defense-seems-unlikely-to-prevail.html

6 Likes

when will joe’s pr machine highlight Sleepy Don’s days in court?

8 Likes

Could this be his misguided way of making a calculated act/statement of dispassionate defiance to replace his usual contempt-of-court belligerence; to be passive expressive while skirting sanctions?

6 Likes

TBF - unless it’s got Judge Judy, court is boring.

And I bet it’s hard to sleep with all of these court cases looming…

10 Likes

It’s not Trump, it’s five of the Seven Dwarfs stuffed in a suit.

12 Likes

Who’s missing?

2 Likes

Doc and Bashful.

15 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. There are other reports of him trying to make eye contact with potential jurors, mouthing greetings to bailiffs and filing a request to approach the bench during sidebars, almost certainly with the intention of “accidentally” speaking loud enough to telegraph info to the jury.

On the other hand, there’s his drastic weight loss, which is almost certainly attributable to Ozempic use, which can make users drowsy.

11 Likes

So, this is the third thread on the topic. Does that mean he hasn’t woken up yet?

Tell me it means he never wakes up, pretty please.

6 Likes

That child is never gonna be woke.

10 Likes

Valid point.

3 Likes

Wasn’t his moniker for Biden “Sleepy Joe”?

Every accusation is a confession

8 Likes

Trump doesn’t do “calculated.”

9 Likes

Just hanging out in a court room, or even being a juror is (usually) kind of boring. The few times I’ve been the focus of attention in a court (traffic offense, witness, and a name change) had me on full alert and were very much not boring!

6 Likes

That is true, when I’ve had to appear a handful of times, I certainly paid attention when it was my turn. But then again I didn’t have a days long trial. I think they are still doing jury selection at this point?

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s day two of jury selection and he’s drifted off both days. Its almost like, idk, he has a complete absence of shame that prevents him from understanding the gravity of the situation or something. Weird.

7 Likes

i kinda dig being called for jury duty. our county, Monroe County, has a small potential jury pool. i have been called several times and chosen more than once. both times, the case being tried was fishing violations (lobstering out-of-season, undersize or over limit violations). that shit commands my full attention. my record is one aquittal and one conviction.
not boring!
tRump is simply missing his naptime and nappy change by being forced to sit and be quiet all day.
damn, i would be supercharged in a case like this - which means i would be immediately dismissed.
oh well. simply put, i find the workings of court fascinating, not boring, even when sitting at the defendant’s table :frowning_with_open_mouth:

4 Likes

If I have to sit anywhere without moving significantly, I will be asleep in 20 mins so I would be the same. I won’t drive long distance without a co pilot because I don’t trust myself to stay awake.
So being in a court room/jury duty will be a nightmare for me. I would be happy to do my civic duty, just not sure I am capable of it.

3 Likes

I lived in Chicago for 13 years and got called for potential jury duty at least three times, although I never even made it to the selection process. I’ve lived in the Kenosha area for over 20 years now and have never been called even once, despite the fact that we certainly have a smaller pool than the voting ward I was in there in Cook County. :woman_shrugging:

I’ll amend my earlier statement: waiting to see if you’re going to do something other than sit in the big open room is boring, I suspect the actual sitting on a jury is more interesting. (I seriously doubt I’d ever be selected now: I suspect being visibly trans and having purple hair would disqualify me for some reason.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.