Trump's spiritual advisor says her prayer for a "all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now" was taken out of context

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/28/trumps-spiritual-advisor-say.html

3 Likes

There’s no context where it doesn’t sound alarmingly bonkers.

62 Likes

“out of context” generally translates (in conserva-speak) as “You can’t hear my dogwhistle, can you? No, unpossible.”

41 Likes

I want to thank this patient person who shared this excellent translation.

30 Likes

Yeah, you dummies! I wasn’t praying for a bunch of miscarriages to take place, I was praying for a bunch of miscarriages to take place! What kind of maroon can’t see the difference?

15 Likes

I love how these assholes are always so bent out of shape about satanists…but Nazis seem to be fine?

I don’t ever recall satanists committing genocide and taking over half the world.

dumbasses.

27 Likes

Now that you put in in context, I can totally see why I missed it the first time

5 Likes

This appears to have been a regular whistle. The context doesn’t help it at all.

My first reaction is that it is pretty silly. If it were that easy to fight Satan he would have been vanquished ages ago. However, upon further reflection this is pretty dangerous thinking. It’s a step away from loving your brother and towards hating the “other”, this is step 1 in starting Holy Jihad.

4 Likes

What I want to know is how do these commands work? She said “we” command, so it’s some group. Do they have magic powers, like wizards? Or are they ordering God/Jesus/angels/ or something divine to do their bidding? Can humans really order divine beings around?

Also, did it work? Were there a lot of miscarriages afterwards? If not, either the command failed or there are only tiny amounts of “satanic pregnancies” (whatever that means).

7 Likes

"𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖌𝖓𝖎𝖟𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒 𝖇𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖚𝖎𝖙𝖘."

32 Likes

I kinda think this was a bridge too far even for the right wing nutters. Breitbart isn’t covering it at all, not even in The Wires.

8 Likes

I posted something similar in the Follow Up thread:

21 Likes
  1. Every satanic pregnancy against my life, be aborted by fire, in the name of Jesus.

So the message is that Pentecostals are just way out there with their rhetoric? I mean who thinks up terminology like this? It is like a blind monkey trying to stab at everyone’s buttons at once. At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if someone coined the term “satanic pedophile rape” for some vague plan of the Devil to make you stub your toe.

13 Likes

Who was behind the Nazis? Where did they get their power over this world?
Could it be… Satan?

1 Like

Pretty much the idea, yeah?

3 Likes

I’m surprised you didn’t know that Pentecostals are “way out there with their rhetoric” already!

6 Likes

I don’t think they whistle anymore. The foghorn is permanently on now.

18 Likes

Yeah, I’m still calling bullshit.

I was entrenched in Pentecostal Christianity from the age of 13 until about 17, when I noticed my particular congregation did a lot of ‘talking’ and hardly any fucking ‘walking.’

The rhetoric is overly dramatic, and they talk about “fighting evil on the metaphysical plane*” all the time, sure; but that vile woman actively chose PREGNANCY as her ‘analogy.’

Pregnancy; a very human, secular biological function of life, here on earth.

And she chose to use that peculiar analogy at a time when reproductive rights for women are under serious attack in this country.

Fuck that noise and fuck all the bullshit excuses.

40 Likes

Trump is the best thing to happen to Satan since The Church Lady.

10 Likes

EDIT: The tone of this reply is based on the unwarranted assumption that MarcoE was serious. I have apologized down thread.

No involvement by Satan was required.

8 Likes