Trump's spiritual advisor says her prayer for a "all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now" was taken out of context

The Satanic Temple replies:

17 Likes

And if a devout Evangelical woman now miscarries, as I assume they do at the same rate as everyone else, how will this make her feel about herself? How will it make her family and friends feel about her?

The lack of empathy in Paula White extends to her fellow Christians.

15 Likes

31 Likes

Yes, it would have :pensive:

I jumped to the conclusion you were serious. That is my fault. I am sorry.

4 Likes

Or as I like to think of her, “The Charlatan of the White Brigade.”

@dfaris Funnily enough, I just had a dream last night about someone trying to talk me into a multilevel marketing scheme. It involved boxes of dog treats and overpriced coffee pots.

6 Likes

Sure Paula. Because that makes so much more sense.

1 Like

No worries! Cheers.

2 Likes

Dude is obviously a League of Gentleman fan.

8 Likes

Yeah… doesn’t sound any less bonkers.

As usual, TST is on fucking point.

6 Likes

To be fair to her, it seems she wasn’t talking about literally pregnancies, but metaphorical ones. Also to be fair to her, what she was saying was totally fucking insane.

“I was talking about metaphorical Satanic pregnancies! Had anyone actually been pregnant by Satan, we’d be forcing them to give birth to the devil spawn!”
(It’s funny because it’s true!)

I think context does matter. In this case, having context really doesn’t help her. Still totally fucking crazy. That’s what distinguishes these kinds of Xians - the deeper you dive into their crazy-sounding bullshit, the crazier you realize it actually is.

@dfaris
If you were going to cast for a “Satanic cult leader” in a movie, someone who looks (and is dressed like) that guy would be ideal casting.

11 Likes

Yeah, I could totally see him in a remake of “Rosemary’s Baby”.

5 Likes

That comment wins the internet for 2020 already. fucking perfection.

6 Likes

wow, that was WAY more messed up than i initially thought it was going to be. thank you for the explainer!

2 Likes

snl-satan-not-monster

I suspect they do because of the centralized role force abortions play in their ideology. They take birth very seriously, so this could signal the seriousness of their views on casting out demons.

8 Likes

It’s true, but I sure ain’t laughing.

8 Likes

Is that something like Burroughs’

Decent churchgoing women, with their mean, punched, bitter, evil faces?

That’s certainly what I thought of when I saw this.

2 Likes

Yet the Bible is to be taken literally.

4 Likes

I suspect stoning might be involved.

2 Likes

Aide: Mr. President, here is the new abortion bill
Trump: That can’t be right, I just paid it.

9 Likes

Or a good hard shunning at the very least.

1 Like