Trump's VP pick widens the ideological gap

In my head he’s a fascist Pillsbury doughboy - poke the swastika on his belly and he farts while spewing racism-flavored theocratic talking points.

7 Likes

Well, the J6 insurrectionists can recycle their 2021 posters to “Hang Pence” for 2025. They’ll only need to change two letters on them.

14 Likes

You’re probably right…

I just really want to believe that Vance was a terrible VP pick who will narrow the GOP tent to the point where it costs them a few critical votes in a few critical states and we can all still have a country next year, but comparing the Trump VP contenders is like comparing shit-covered apples with shit-covered oranges.

5 Likes

I suggest watching the movie Hillbilly Elegy. Even though it is an unwatchable fluff piece, it paints Vance as a child raised by his awful mother and grandmother who have a single redeeming quality and that is an emphasis on education.
Basically it shows that Vance can be Trump without all of the sexual assault, cheating, bankruptcies, being born rich and generally being a horrible human that the religious right have to defend their idolatry of.
Religion won’t have to point to Vance and say “Do as he says, not as he does”

2 Likes

I can’t like that, even though I get the joke, because ‘felony’ is always wrong, but all the ‘hillbillies’ I’ve known have been fine upstanding people.

11 Likes

That part I do think is very true… but that was always the goal, I think. Close ranks and double down. They have no interest in widening the party, because they think they can win with who they have, and that if they do lose, they’ll just throw a bigger coup this time, from the swing states on up… They seriously believe that they’ve already won and are celebrating that victory now. they think that this attempt on Trump’s life was the nail in the coffin.

who cares family guy GIF

I can probably throw a fucking rock and hit someone with a similar story… FFS, that doesn’t fucking justify being a fascist asshole.

Dude’s a rich asshole now. He’s a class traitor, making him worse than Trump from a certain perspective. This was his only path to power, because lots of people from the rust belt likely see right through his boot-straps narrative…

The prosperity doctrine doesn’t give a shit, because the wealth is the evidence for god’s favor. That’s how they justify Trump. He’s wealthy, so he’s part of god’s elect. :woman_shrugging:

20 Likes

No.

He’s a racist, money-grabbing, abortion-hating thug lining up a theocracy. You clearly missed the second post in this thread.
Or ignored it.

15 Likes

Too Much Omg GIF by NETFLIX

10 Likes

I am not defending anything about Vance. I am just saying it will be easier for the religious reich to idolize him as he tries to destroy whatever ladder he used to climb out of poverty.

So you haven’t been paying attention to these religious Trump zealots… they see him as a prophetic figure and the wealth is evidence of that… :woman_shrugging: That goes back to at least Calvin… not the Trump part, obviously, but the wealth part. They absolutely weaponized the prosperity doctrine and infused it with some fascism. The bigotry and wealth ARE what they like and admire, even worship.

9 Likes

It’s a bummer that the richest people in the world are all so terrible.

3 Likes

I find it more predictable than anything else. Once a person has amassed more than $500-million in net worth, it takes an extraordinarily strong character not to be poisoned by the money.

15 Likes

Totally. I think you need to be a bit(?) of a sociopath to even get to that 500m. Or inherit it.

I just think that’s a bummer.

11 Likes

… I am confused about this joke

Why would the chuds hang Vance next year :thinking:

4 Likes

Oh, I thought you meant “ce” for" is" and not as you intended “Va” for “Pe”…

2 Likes

For anyone who’s confused, this may help:

Jack Vance: author of the novel “Servants of the Wankh”

J.D. Vance: servant to a wanker.

20 Likes

Teamsters leader convention speech?

Vance’s fame for his insidious bootstrapping song and dance?

Team Tromp is clearly burnishing another lying plank in their platform – We care deeply about Murican [white] workers!

12 Likes

As one of the above-mentioned demographic, I thank ye, ma’am, very much. :grin:

12 Likes

I believe that the politically correct term is “williams of limited elevations,” actually.

10 Likes
10 Likes