Trump's wall was sawed through 3,272 times in the last 3 years with cheap tools

My name is O̶z̶y̶m̶a̶n̶d̶i̶a̶s̶ Trump, King of Kings;

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

5 Likes

Apparently, you missed this:
A random source
During Joe Biden’s first day in the White House (January 20, 2021), he signed an Executive Order halting the construction of President Donald Trump’s Southern Border Wall.

‘Bipartisan’, you say?
Here:
Headline from the article
December 18, 2021 2:08pm EST

Texas Gov. Abbott shows completed section of state-made border wall, pledges to protect state’s sovereignty

Abbott said the state has raised around $54 million from private donations

Abbott authorized the building of the wall six months ago, and then authorized $3 billion funding for the Texas Facilities Commission to bolster the building effort.

Last I checked, Abbott is still a member of the FDC & Czar of Texas.

6 Likes

Everyone has this all wrong. It wasn’t smugglers it was patriots trying to help trump. He promised a great big wall with a big beautiful door but evil Democrats in Congress cut off funding before the door could be built. So some entrepreneurial patriots chipped in to make not one but many doors!

/s

4 Likes

The whole “building roads that allow transport of people and illegal goods far, far beyond what the wall would have stopped” is a story element that even fiction would find too absurd, though…

4 Likes

We are living in a Post Satire world. Real life has far exceeded the wildest imaginations of comedy writers.

5 Likes

And yet people scoff when the invisible hand of the market is invoked.

3 Likes

Bold opening.

7 Likes

Only Trump, his toadies and the brain dead failed to expect this.

Who knew Mexicans could buy or make ladders and ropes or even use power tools? Totally unforeseeable apparently.

“I can’t think of how to get over this so no one can.” Beyond the obvious cupidity of the contractor who wasn’t about to point out the lack of fabric in the Emperor’s clothing as long as the checks cleared.

East Germany could not stop people crossing even when they used regular army troops, landmines, robot machine guns and kill-trained, very hungry, dogs on a much more physically constrained border.

Maybe spend those billions helping fix the countries people are fleeing and we won’t need quite to much (useless) armor at the border.

And if that makes me some sort of lIberal, I can live with it. I used to be a conservative until that side went bat-s**t crazy.

2 Likes

To suggest the wall is something Biden wants (or wants to fund) is laughable. Here’s today’s (3/3/22) “The Hill”:

“Last year, Democrats outlined plans to rescind nearly $2 billion in funding for the border wall that was previously allocated by Congress. President Biden also called for funding for the project to end in his budget request for fiscal 2022.”

The full article…

3 Likes

Bobo and MTG were trying to start a cheer of “Build the Wall” at the State of the Union address. I guess that since they can’t use "Lock her Up’ any more (or shouldn’t) “Build the Wall” is back in play

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.