Trump's weird notes: I WANT NOTHING

The full-size pages under the notepad appear to be printouts of tweets. Because that’s the timeline we live in now.

15 Likes

The context of the weird note appears to be that Trump is paraphrasing Sondland’s testimony about what Trump said to Sondland on September 9.

But the context of that conversation is that it took place on exactly the same day that the House Committee received the whistleblower’s complaint, so it still reads like “Trump trying to cover his ass after the fact” more than anything else.

12 Likes

How did we get here.

And why are we in this handbasket?

25 Likes

Um, Money for nothing … I want my FOX TV

2 Likes

I agree with almost everything that post states, except the bit about having to pass a basic civics exam in order to vote.

Any legal restrictions placed on the right to vote WILL be used against the oppressed and marginalized.

47 Likes

download%20(2)

17 Likes
16 Likes

So these crib notes of Trump’s are weird out of context, but he was apparently trying to dull the effect of Sondland’s really really damning testimony today. Sondland asked Trump what he wanted from Ukraine and Trump loudly stated “I want nothing. No quid pro quo!”

The problem is that this “I want nothing” conversation came after the White House found out about the whistle blower’s report, so it sure looks like he was trying to protect himself-- same as how they tried to hide the existence of the call from congress (and seriously, who uses the legal phrase “quid pro quo” in a conversation like that unless a lawyer has already pointed out a quid pro quo would be a problem?)

13 Likes
15 Likes

Not this time! You could get caught in a recursive “I WANT NOTHING” loop with Trumps all the way down …

Better zoom out and de-hance!

8 Likes

Christmas comes early this year…

10 Likes

Is Disney™ going to sue Trump for copying their font? Each letter is different from the others of that letter, so it’s definitely hand-written, but nearly all of it is disturbingly similar to the fonts Disney™ uses.

1 Like

Got a shot of another of his notes too:

8 Likes

This this guy comes to mind:

11 Likes

Yeah, I kept thinking it was fake, even after seeing multiple pages (which were all just as bad) and multiple verifications. I can never quite wrap my head around just how dumb and childlike (in the worst ways) Trump is. It just shouldn’t be possible that someone so cognitively challenged is president, but it is.

His vision is terrible and he won’t wear glasses - this is also part of why he manages to screw up reading teleprompters so often. (Also, I’m not even sure he wrote this. It could have been someone else trying to give him talking points that he could manage, in a text size he could read.)

This is what makes me so depressed about America - that those people exist in significant numbers. Not just accepting his criminal life of excess, but that he’s also cognitively about the same as a disturbed child. There’s nothing about him that isn’t repugnant.

I tried really hard during the Bush (jr) years to empathize with Republican voters. I kept saying to myself: “These people aren’t stupid or terrible, they’re just ignorant.” Trump made me realize I was wrong - they’re both stupid, ignorant and terrible.

21 Likes

Narrator: It wasn’t.

16 Likes

That’s actually one of the easier quirks to explain. It provides an easy catchy mantra for his followers that doesn’t require thought or analysis, but sounds like they’ve weighed the merits.

2 Likes

I clicked and saw you were responding to something about “Quid Pro Quo” but at first I thought you were talking about “I WANT NOTHING” and I just imagined a stadium (half) full of Trump supporters chanting “I want nothing! I want nothing!” while Trump beams at them.

11 Likes

Hahahahhh-HAH-Hah-hah!

laughing_fox

This will be a scene in the dark political satire movies they make about these times.

5 Likes

27 Likes