Tuca and Bertie canceled again

Originally published at: Tuca and Bertie canceled again | Boing Boing

In the running for best animated adult TV of the century so far - it’s frustrating to see it so mistreated, but I guess that’s to be expected for work so situated in the perspectives and concerns of women.

On the other hand, the recent headlines Haddish was making made me uncertain about whether I could be on board with future seasons, so maybe a clean break is for the best. I hope Hanawalt gets to do more animation soon :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Yeah, it was kind of hard to see how a show that put child sexual trauma front and center (in a cartoon!!) was going to go forward when one of its leads was credibly accused of …sexually traumatizing children.

I’d have been fine with recasting, even though Haddish’s Tuca was pretty distinctive, but if I had to guess I’d say this was going to happen even without the scandal.

Sorry to hear it was cancelled again, but I never caught the news about it being revived in the first place. Two more seasons for me, then! (Although seeing the comments above, which I also missed, this may be a good place to end it, or do some recasting.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.