Tucker Carlson and Fox parting ways after $787.5 million goof

… are those in the DSM-5-TR :confused:

11 Likes

… there is a whole alternate universe of has-been reactionaries talking to each other on YouTube

10 Likes

Part ways? They FIRED him. CANCELLED. There won’t be a White Power Hour on FOX tonight featuring Ticker Carlson
TuckerLaugh

10 Likes

Here we go, thing two just shared her thought. Now she has no thoughts left for a day or two until one builds back up.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Feel better?

:smiley:

8 Likes

I hope so too! Please for the good of everyone everywhere… Americans… quit watching this stuff.

9 Likes

The fired from national media hat trick!

4 Likes

the fucker’s still exaggerating.

5 Likes

Red Carpet Brits GIF by BRIT Awards

4 Likes

My guess is tone shift. If the plan was to double down he would probably be kept. Even for a network as big as Fox, three quarters of a billion is sit up and pay attention money. Considering the Smartmatic case will hinge on most of the same discovery findings, they are probably looking at another hit of that. They’ll want to build with a new slate of people who can be controlled well enough to stay closer to the line of plausible deniability.

5 Likes

If that were the case, though, they would have also fired Hannity, Bartiromo, and wine-lady, too, as they were just as complicit (though not as extreme) in promoting the big lie.

7 Likes

Unless they expressed a behind the scenes willingness to play along with the new direction. I don’t think they are looking to go with a new direction in terms of high quality, accurate reporting, just controlled enough hosts to stay out of summary judgement territory.

5 Likes

Maybe - but there is also the lawsuit by his former producer who claimed that his show was full of behind the scenes misogyny and sexual harassment, and those were the things that got both O’Reilly and Ailes out…

I don’t really see any reason to believe that they plan on a tonal shift, because that is their bread and butter.

9 Likes

If they shift then people will change channel - so no, I don’t see it happening either. It’ll be hate and stupidity until the day Fox News finally goes off air.

9 Likes

I guess they could HOPE to pick up the moderate right by shifting tones, but I doubt it…

At this point, we STILL don’t know what’s happening with all this, and probably won’t for a while now. And getting more accurate information will depend on leaks from within the organization. I doubt Murdoch wants the real reason out there…

7 Likes

Malcolm Tucker, is that you?

4 Likes

Hopefully some of the Fox prisoners will be home for Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/_PxanXM48gI

1 Like

Gotta try to deflect blame in the upcoming lawsuit. and lighten the payroll a bit because of the results of the last one. With any luck, this will be the first of many ‘parting ways’…

6 Likes