3. Fox News | 7 p.m./Jesse Watters Primetime: 2,781,000 / 52 telecasts
  4. Fox News | 9 p.m./ Hannity: 2,585,000 / 50 telecasts

steep drop off from Carlson to Hannity.

12 Likes

You mean directly?

4 Likes

saturday night live comedy GIF

9 Likes

Yeah. They’re losing his clips otherwise.

3 Likes

Or he moves to Budapest and becomes another Orban mouthpiece?

8 Likes

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Not sure if this is a “good” thing or a “bad” thing… it does take away his platform, but where will he end up, is the question. And is this a “cleaning house” scenario ahead of a tonal shift on the network, or is this more doubling down?

18 Likes

My personal guess is that there was an internal war on settling with dominion, and Tucker’s side lost. He’s absolutely stupid enough to have insisted on fighting it out in court, despite the fact that they had zero chance of winning.

What’s hilarious is that there just isn’t any place else in broadcasting that can or will pay him what he thinks he’s worth. I hope he sits in a corner and sulks until his fame level drops to the point that Newsmax or OAN are the only places that are even interested.

18 Likes

2 and a quarter million idiots slightly disappointed and/or enraged.

It’s a start, you know, baby steps and all that.

10 Likes

It’s good he’s gone but if he never works again he never has to work again. He has more money than almost all of his viewers.

Marge will be crying cancel any second now.

9 Likes

Likely land somewhere very cushy and equally if not more harmful to humanity.

5 Likes

$787.5 million {in damages}

22 Likes

No final sign off? Wow, they just fired his ass. I wonder if he gets severance or if they’ll try to say it was with cause. :popcorn:

10 Likes

I wonder if management set a condition that Tucker would have to operate under legal supervision, and Tucker wouldn’t agree?

17 Likes
19 Likes

OANN will soon be talking about cancel culture and Fox going “woke.”

Edit: typo

12 Likes

He’s an investor in The Daily Caller

9 Likes

The Peanuts Movie Dancing GIF

9 Likes

Smartmatic is working on it. Dominion got almost $800 million after asking for $1.6 billion; since Smartmatic is asking for $2.7 billion, if they were to settle (which I believe they’ve said is not an option they want to pursue) for a proportional amount Fox would be out another roughly $1.3 billion.

11 Likes

CNN to Fox News RN:

6 Likes

They’ll just hire another asshole.

Even if Fox somehow goes under I don’t see anything changing in American political discourse. The weird fungal alternate reality that Fox News cultivated for decades is not going to stop believing their mythology.

8 Likes