Tucker Carlson guest: "We don't need a military that's women- or gay-friendly," we need "Type -A men who want to sit on a throne of Chinese skulls"

China is a nuclear power. They have 350ish warheads officially, and are reportedly ramped up production due to Taiwan, Trump, and an embassy ‘accidentally’ bombed. Assuming they keep a few in reserve, lose a few before they can launch, and so on I’d say the US can kiss goodbye to every city larger than, say, Waco, Texas. Sure, they’ll lose all their cities, and then some, but I doubt any survivors anywhere will care much other than surviving the global nuclear apocalypse that will ensue.

5 Likes

Blood for the Blood God; skulls for the Throne of Khorne! :axe: :skull: :drop_of_blood:

9 Likes

TuckerThrone

56 Likes

When it comes to Nazis, no easy way exists.

15 Likes

Ah yes, skulls, the perfect thing for when you need to make it absolutely clear whether people should be on your side or not.

37 Likes

Computer scientist Grace Murray Hopper, famous snipers Lyudmila Pavlinchenko and Roza Shanina, the list of women hero soldiers goes on and on. Why eliminate such a great resource (including LGBTQ+) to the defense of our country?

30 Likes

Wow. That guy was just making haymakers left and right. I am sure Tucker would have affirmed and moved on to the next question - but I am curious how he replied to that.

Women make up like 14% of the military - and he just disrespected all of them. And the Air Force is gay??? Sure sure, people in the service make fun of the Air Force, until they call in an airstrike, which is fairly SOP. I guess unless you’re Marine or army infantry, you’re not a real man? What a moron.

15 Likes

Only if they succeed.

I don’t know about you, but I aim to fight to keep that possibility from ever coming to fruition.

25 Likes

History isn’t their strong suit. Or science for that matter. Or math, law, humor, art…

28 Likes

Being decent human beings isn’t their ‘strong suit.’

28 Likes

The irony of course is that the CPC has bemoaned the “feminisation” of men and has a program going to increase manliness and keep feminism out of the army.

15 Likes
5 Likes

Israel’s army is one of the most LGBT-friendly in the world. Does this guy want to claim that they’re not badasses? Cause they would definitely kick his sorry ass.

24 Likes

I guarantee you there plenty of gay men and women out there who could completely kick this guy’s ass.

By his own logic that makes him some kind of wimp.

17 Likes

Hmm. You know, it’s absolutely true that there are any number of successful military traditions that include women. Any country that doesn’t is throwing away half its potential fighting force for very stupid reasons. There are a lot of women badasses. LGBTQ people too.

But after reading a couple replies pointing that out…I don’t know, I feel like focusing on that kind of misses the point that this is also an awful attitude to the military in the first place. Like, maybe it shouldn’t be about badasses and who can beat up whom in the parking lot in the first place.

Because not that anyone here has said so, but if the take is ever “listen up Tucker, if you want that mountain of Chinese skulls you best bring some women and LGBTQ people along, 'cause they will rip them right out of people’s god damn heads”…it’s still not really, you know, good. This is extremely toxic masculinity. It doesn’t need toxic feminism to mirror it.

42 Likes

It’s fascism. Fascism doesn’t make sense. It’s not supposed to make sense. It’s designed to not be reasonable. It’s supposed to make people afraid and angry and irrational and twitchy and reactive and to give them people to fear and people to obey and a hair trigger. It’s about the manly men who are fighting, and the women who should shut up and let the fighting men take over, and the men who aren’t manly enough who should be afraid of being exposed, whether or not there’s anything to expose or whether what’s exposed should matter. It’s about fear and anger and hate.

This is fascism, this is what it looks like.

38 Likes

It isn’t. I don’t think it ever has been. The toughest bad ass in the world will get stomped every time if bad tactics are used.

The heavy lifting of military action in the past 20 years has been the special forces. And they, in general, have a very broad education, language training, and and understanding of the history and culture on top of they physical training and knowledge of equipment.

The Air Force he disparaged - I remember a speech given by an officer in the army that he wants the people in the Air Force in cool climate controlled buildings, and be well rested. So that when the time came for them to call in a UAV strike while they are pinned down, those persons manning them will be in top condition to carry out the missions and keep his men on the ground alive.

For every person who goes out to patrol or fight, there are 10 who are supporting them. Making sure the Humvees are mechanically sounds, the hundreds of man hours that goes into maintaining aircraft, the people tasked with keeping the computer networks in the fields up, the people patching up wounded, the armorer maintaining equipment, and on and on. None of these people need to be the ultimate bad ass- they are part of the team with a specialized, technical job that requires some smarts and training. Ones sex, gender, or who they are attracted to doesn’t affect how well they can perform those tasks.

This is just more culture war - anti-intellectual bullshit.

29 Likes

I think he has presidential aspirations. I think he assumes Trump will be indicted, or die, or be too tired/bored to do another term, and then he’ll “reluctantly” step into the political arena. He knows he has Trump’s skillset of propaganda, folksy racism, money and moneyed cronies. He’s relatively untouchable at the moment by Trump, as Trump can’t afford to lose the highest profile conservative media outlet. I don’t think he minds Putin’s influence, but his real goal is to be an oligarch at the table.

7 Likes

There is no way America is going to war with China. Not when the corporations that run America make so much money from China.
The MIC can, however continue this sabre-rattling for as long as it takes to get their budgets approved.

2 Likes

Leaving aside the whole weird, fascist, homophobic, he-man pro-psychopath attitude here, what he’s suggesting is profoundly stupid in regards to the readiness and fighting power of the US military. 80%+ of any conflict is going to be about logistics, and the remainder is going to be about deploying (semi-) autonomous weapons. So it’s going to be all about people sitting behind desks, and it really doesn’t matter if they’re pregnant women or not.

Racist, psychopathic, fascist, and just plain dumb. (Also a description of Tucker Carlson himself.)

To be fair, I’m pretty sure there are many children who could kick his ass, too.

19 Likes