Tucker Carlson says there is no scientific justification for coronavirus quarantine and staying at home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/27/tucker-carlson-says-there-is-n.html

‘The virus just isn’t nearly as deadly as we thought it was’

5 Likes

49113 deaths in the USA as at 26 April.

Sounds like a lot to me,

28 Likes

Tucker Fucker, overpaid trolling schmuck.

tenor-1

36 Likes

Those who refuse to study the history of the 1918 epidemic are doomed to repeat it?

See also this nice set of graphics of the data in that paper from National Geographic

28 Likes

Is he saying the disease got less deadly over time? I mean, in my state cases were doubling every couple of days, then every 4-5 days, then every week, now less than every 2 weeks. Deaths also increased rapidly and are now increasing at a lower rate. All while everyone was staying home as much as possible. But TC is suggesting perhaps that our behavior had nothing to do with it, so it must be that the disease changed? Do these people even pause to think about what they’re going to say for even one second to see if it makes ANY sense?

23 Likes

And apparently Carlson is the “reasonable” one next to Hannity.

18 Likes

He could really help convince people by riding the subway to work every day. Without a mask.

24 Likes

Holy crap, is that a prototype of the new CSA flag in the graphic behind him?

23 Likes

There are over one million confirmed COVID-19 cases in America since the first case was confirmed 13 weeks ago. By the time the end of April arrives there will be over 59,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in the United States over a 2 month period (Feb. 29 - Apr. 30). This is in spite of infection control measures that have largely shut down human activity around the world. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity should shut their traps, especially since neither of them have infection control, pandemic training or experience.

Edit: There are now 60,495 deaths in the US as of midday April 29th. I guess I was being optimistic on survival rates.

22 Likes

I hear Gunnison avoided the 1918 influenza by locking down the entire town for four months. No word on whether they had an Applebee’s, or if anybody’s roots were imperiled.

12 Likes

Good catch! Could that possibly not be intentional?

4 Likes

This is the equivalent of falsely shouting “fire” in a theater, and Schenck v. United States is very clear that not all speech is protected under the First Amendment. The families of every victim of COVID from here on should sue Fox “News” into oblivion.

17 Likes

Man, the placement of those chains across the map is… so… interesting- where have I seen that before…?

6 Likes

Hate to be pedantic, but, “Cucker Tarlson”.

6 Likes

Tucker Carlson is constutionally unable to think. Nobody wants to see him shit himself on air trying to have a thought.

3 Likes

“nice” is not quite the word

10 Likes

that’s just science
loguscases

ok, and a little:
ThankfulReliableCardinal-size_restricted
magic!

26 Likes

Exactly. I think they should also send all of his elderly relatives on a cruise. Maybe that might change their perspective.

2 Likes

Oh, there’s a new flag for commuinity supported agriculture? Cool!
<click’s link>
Oh.

8 Likes