Tucker Carlson told a church crowd that he hasn't been vaccinated against Covid-19

told an Awaken church crowd

So now he’s speaking to (a)woke audiences?

3 Likes

damn. going full on newspeak now are we?

i just hope the unintentional irony of the “Awaken” church railing against “woke” people sticks with them forever. almost like a mark, a mark that you can never get rid of and lets people know how - dare i say - BEASTLY these people are.

3 Likes

I just don’t get why people believe that Fox News has had a vaccine mandate that they’ve uniformly enforced on all their employees when it’s clear they treat some of their superstars far differently than others. Sure, I bet the camera crews and newsroom staff had a vaccine requirement, but what’re they going to do if the “talent” isn’t vaccinated? You think Fox News is going to FIRE Tucker Carlson?

Because they are headquartered in NYC which had a mandate and enforced it. As much as Fox likes the play the “conservative maverick” they are going to play by the rules in cases like this.

12 Likes

I don’t think that another confused looking racist asshole is as hard to find as you think. And I think that they would test that theory in a heartbeat if Tucker caused the slightest problem - maybe I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Tucker’s been basically causing problems for them all along. Routinely in the news for it.

2 Likes

I guess I am not paying much attention to Fox and Carlson - and I am ok with that.

1 Like

Probably, but Carlson is vaccinated anyway because he’s not a True Believer in all the nonsense he preaches. It’s all a game to him. You can see this in his really early stuff where he’s a pretty rational guy, just deeply cynical and not in possession of any scruples. Saying whatever one needs to say to be rich and popular is fine by him. He found an audience and that’s all he cares about.

19 Likes

I’m pretty sure he was lying when he said he’d lie if he was cornered. I mean, I’m sure he will, but he’ll also lie when he’s not cornered. Is it Tuesday? Yep. Then he’s lying.

9 Likes

The classic “shame, shame” works better for me.

5 Likes

Unity Coke GIF by Coca-Cola

7 Likes

Unity Coke GIF by Coca-Cola

7 Likes

Which argues against the idea that Fox would let him jeopardize his health by refusing the vaccine. If you’re a sufficiently important corporate asset, the paycheck comes with a lot of restrictions on your freedom to take risks as much as it does extra power.

6 Likes

Of course he got vaccinated. Of course he’s lying about it to the rubes. The very fact that he said he didn’t get vaccinated is a guarantee that he did get vaccinated.

[In tribute, read the above in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried]

6 Likes

I agree. I think he’s lying. (Because what is the risk of lying to these churchgoers? None.) Meanwhile, he presents his vaccination card to Fox H/R when requested, like a little puppy dog; to Fox, he wont lie.

(Albeit, I believe Fox policy is that he could remain at Fox if he does daily Covid tests? But, that to me seems like a little much. It’s not just the daily inconvenience. Tucker is smart enough that he knows how frigging dangerous it would be to actually be unvaccinated.)

3 Likes

OTOH - he could have infected a legion of right wing dirtbags that came on his show. Always look for the silver lining.

3 Likes

Problems, ratings, tomato, tomahto.

4 Likes

Have you seen or listened to Tucker Carlson? Why would ANYONE believe him about anything?

3 Likes

The mother of one of my friends listens to him because he is a “bright looking young man”.

3 Likes