Tucker Carlson's head writer fired after online harassment and bigotry exposed

Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be another nice job waiting for him out in Trump’s pseudoverse.

6 Likes

I am shocked (NOT!) to hear this… what, has his writer been drafting Carlson’s latest blatherspeak using social media?

Subhuman cretins, both of 'em.

#DumpTrump the Unfit
#NeverVoteRepublican
#BlackLivesMatter
#LGBTQ

2 Likes

Cucker Tarlson’s head writer fired for being the kind of person who would be Cucker Tarlson’s head writer.

Can’t wait. I’ll have to start ignoring it immediately.

10 Likes

Earlier this week I saw a couple of stories about the GOP (Republican Party for my international pals) are considering that Carlson turd for a possible 2024 run. Cynic that I am, if I were grooming, or being groomed for office, that Neff guy would have to go first.

At least…

Publicly.

8 Likes

The racist centipede…

14 Likes

Oh, their insufficiencies aren’t (just) physical ones - they are obviously many and varied.

On the contrary - that’s why they hired him. They knew damn well who he was.

More specifically - he was caught being crude about it and using the n-word. That’s the dividing line; if one is “politely” racist and doesn’t use obvious slurs, conservatives can pretend that person isn’t really racist.

But it’s a closed circuit, so it’s also a kind of Ouroboros. Only instead of a snake eating its own tail, it’s a human centipede eating its own shit.

15 Likes

You mean Tucker was actually outsourcing his racism? Because he couldn’t be racist enough by himself? Who knew?

14 Likes

5 Likes

Amazing that anyone in that office was capable of reflection.

I wonder if this will be Carlson’s swan son.

4 Likes

Firing a writer for Tucker Carlson for being racist seems kinda like firing a NASCAR driver for getting a speeding ticket.

9 Likes

Was he fired because Fox had exclusivity over his racist outpourings?

6 Likes

That reminds me of a passage in Robert Harris’s novel Fatherland, set in a victorious Nazi Germany:

Instead, the swampy frontiers of the German race were patrolled by those less confident of their blood-worthiness. Insecurity breeds good border guards. The knock-kneed Franconian schoolmaster, ridiculous in his Lederhosen; the Bavarian shopkeeper with his pebble glasses; the red-haired Thuringian accountant with an nervous tic and a predilection for the younger members of the Hitler Youth; the lame and the ugly, the runts of the national litter – these were the loudest defenders of the Volk.

14 Likes

Aging? It’s more like curdling.

6 Likes

That’s some hard living

3 Likes

This is how it’s been since at least Nixon. Racism is tolerated because most individual racists maintain the thinnest veneer of deniability- racist enough to be easily seen through by those paying attention, but not racist enough to prove it in court. (Edit: Though of course, the courts have also gone out of their way to intentionally make it extremely difficult, if not impossible to prove.)

8 Likes

The issue is that our “impartial” news media will decide that they are not a racist, and react aggressively to anyone to suggests that they might be.

3 Likes

There’s a whole subreddit dedicated to this observation: https://www.reddit.com/r/beholdthemasterrace/

8 Likes

2 Likes

Press release says he wasn’t even fired.

I wonder what would have happened had he not “resigned”?

2 Likes

The other piece is whether the racist is part of the club. If someone like Andrew Sullivan spouts nonsensical racist pseudo science, the club will rise up to attack anyone who criticizes him as part of leftist cancel culture. If Harvard educated Senator Tom Cotton calls for sending in troops with no quarter orders to attack Black Lives Matter activists, the club will insist that his point of view must have a platform.

This guy, however, has no credentials and therefore the club will not defend him. Racists who know the secret handshake get the jobs, the platforms, and the endless extra chances. That’s why Carlson will come back no matter what, and why racism sticks around at the highest levels.

8 Likes