Tucker Carlson's unexpected self-scolding: "You'll say literally anything; words have no connection to reality"

My googling only came back with Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo, who seems a stand-up guy.

Whom do you refer to?

1 Like

The performance of a soul is a cosmetic affectation for Tarlson and his ilk.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it means…

3 Likes

… because reasons. Some very “straight”, very “normal” reasons. Perhaps…

4 Likes

I vote ‘doing the job he was hired to do’.

3 Likes

Arguably, Trump is a Machine Learning Algorithm - he would say everything and anything to see what got the reaction he wanted. Then he refined those attacks based on the feedback, meanwhile spewing new garbage on Twitter at a blistering pace. Repeat ad nauseum. Not AI, but a close cousin akin to data scraping (which passes for AI today). Think BullshitGPT.

Speaking about AI, check out this crazy .gov site and the quote attributed to Trump:
“Continued American leadership in Artificial Intelligence is of paramount importance to maintaining the economic and national security of the United States.”
No wonder he practically disowns Don Jr, and Eric. They barely have intelligence of their own, and so are not “of paramount importance” to papa.
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/ai/

3 Likes

No. He has aligned with fascists. That’s what matters. Rule of goats applies.

7 Likes

As Gyrofrog said, it’s my snarky name for Dan Bongino. The goonist goon who ever gooned.

2 Likes

Oh, right.

Gross.

2 Likes

Why not both? Books have been written and will be written detailing the awfulness that is Trump, Trumpism, and the flow down (always down) from his followers. I cannot detail all of them in a 5 minute reply.

1 Like

What he does matters, and if we keep saying “he’s just faking it for the money” we run the chance of not taking him seriously. So it matters, because we’re on the edge here and I’m finding it harder and harder to have patience for people who seem utterly unable to call a thing exactly what it is. He’s a fascist. He might hunt around for what to target to rile up his base, but if we can’t all agree by now that he’s literally trying to overthrow the government and install a christo-fascist dictatorship that is going to kill massive amount of our fellow citizens, then we’re more fucked than I thought…

This is not a clever thought experiment or a fun think to marvel over. REAL lives are being hurt by his movement, and we need to take it seriously. I don’t think calling him an AI is doing that… It is observably not true. He’s a human being, and we need to treat the danger his movement poses seriously.

If that makes me the asshole, then I’ll be the asshole. I’m just really sick of seeing people here talking about how scared they are, how much this is impacting their lives, and to keep seeing people finding ways to dismiss this fascist movement. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Jeez, what an arrogant fucking asshole. And hypocrite, of course.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.