tUnE-yArDs?

Has anyone caught them on this tour? Are they worth seeing?

I’ve never seen her, although I recognize the name.

Sounds a bit like this guy who I saw a few years ago (as the support act to Spoon, who were the support act to Arcade Fire), with the whole drum-loops on the go thing.

I love her albums… I’ll have to check that guy out sometime soon. Looks interesting.

I would. Interesting, NOT cookie-cutter, a woman doing her own thing her own way.

1 Like

It’s been a few years since I was up for concerts (anxiety and a few other things, weeeee) but having seen some smaller house concert footage of tUnE-yArDs. Apparently she got famous while I wasn’t paying attention. Slightly off my train of thought there.

Anyway, having seen older footage and now a bit of newer footage, I think it would be pretty awesome.

1 Like

I know lots of her stuff involves looping and such, so I’m kind of interested in seeing how that works live.

My daughter’s about 11 now, so she’s getting to an age when she’ll want to start going to shows, so I guess I’ll probably be doing that more than I have in the past 11 years (I’ve seen maybe 5 shows since my daughter was born). I don’t mind being in crowds as such (though I can see how that sort of thing would be anxiety inducing if you’re prone to that), but the last couple of shows I went to were loud and bothered my ears a bit more than it used to… either way, it’s not as much fun as it used to be, I don’t think, but it’s worth it for the right band.

1 Like

Use foam ear plugs. Both of you!

2 Likes

worth seeing?

my roomie used to be a performer and has played and seen a million shows [i.e. jaded]. now he bartends the Tabernacle and is forced to see a bunch of shows he would not otherwise see [i.e. he will complain about all the shitty bands and their stupid fans.]

He didn’t know tUnE-yArDs beforehand but really liked their show. So I’m gonna say yes.

ETA: let the kid pick. don’t be that mom.

but honestly what kid or adult wouldn’t want to see a tUnE-yArDs show?

1 Like

For the record, I never stopped going to concerts just because I had kids. It’s true that many of the concerts when they were little were with talented “children’s” artists (it helps that I’m a dyed-in-the-wool folkie), but not all of them were. Weekend music festivals are wonderful with kids, even very little ones, although I would recommend going with at least one other family so you can help each other out. And by 11 or 12, their musical tastes are usually within reason for many parents. The fun comes when they’re teenagers and start introducing YOU to really interesting new genres and artists!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 860 days. New replies are no longer allowed.