Twitter bans "live" reports of anyone's location, justifying ban on @Elonjet—but also implicating news reporting and tweeting about your lunch salad

I’m skeptical about this claim.

7 Likes

Times have changed. I remember that old turd Trump, sometimes it took him a couple years to completely 180 on himself.

10 Likes

16 Likes

If you read this “policy” you’ll see it makes no logical sense, starting w/ the fact that the “person” the information belongs to isn’t actually a “person”…it’s the public. But, no matter how full of hot bullshit air he might be (and boy is he!), unfortunately Twitter is his private digital “world” and he can basically make up any BS he wants and codify it as part of the ToS. And then execute accordingly. We really need to take note of what happens w/ this cesspool site ultimately as it could easily develop into a model for asswipe billionaires everywhere who feel they are “one w/ the people”.

8 Likes

Guess I’m going to have to stop posting my Swarm checkins.

I actually felt the need to see if he tweeted that, because it’s actually pretty nuts. “Some other guy had his car blocked, which I’ve decided was actually aimed at me, and the guy who reposted information about where my plane was is somehow responsible. For this ‘stalker’ (mis)identifying my car. And the real purpose of the Elonjet account is to threaten me.” Yeah, that’s sane. Assuming the “crazy stalker” was someone who stalks Musk, and was previously known to him, they didn’t need the Twitter feed to get the plane information (they had enough interest to go to the source), and that information still didn’t allow them to identify the car…

But yet again, we see that Musk’s commitment to free speech, as long as it’s legal, is actually “as long as I don’t personally have a problem with it.”

7 Likes

@CRegnant: Boy that car thing sure seems like something that would be easy to independently verify and yet

I just keep finding stories about this guy who got booed on the same night that supposedly happened.

10 Likes

He may believe himself to be something akin to Tony Stark. A total miss on “coolness” and sense of humor, though.

5 Likes

Starting to wonder if Elon is dumb enough so we can tell him God gives multibillionaires the power of flight, so he should go up on the roof and try it out.

8 Likes

He thinks of himself as Tony Stark, Iron Man, hero.

However he’s actually Tony Stark, Superior Iron Man, morality-inverted villain.

If there was some way to get people almost addicted to Twitter then start charging near-usurious prices for it (like Stark’s Extremis) Musk likely would go for it.

4 Likes

Not even that.

He’s a mediocre White dude with too much money and a gaping black hole where his soul should be.

24 Likes

Tony Stark is good at technology. Elon Musk is good at repeating things that sounded cool in Popular Science in a way that investors believed means he is good at technology. If I had to pick a Marvel character…maybe that crime boss that Black Widow interrogates without him realizing it?

18 Likes

Tony Stark? Huh. He seems more like Banner.

4 Likes

In that we wouldn’t like him when he’s angry? Except we also wouldn’t like him when he’s not angry?

10 Likes

It would be nice if folks would stop insulting well loved Marvel heroes and villains by comparing them to Musk; dude is such a shitty walking parody, no comic creator worth their salt would bother writing about him.

Even Norman Osborn was more likeable…

22 Likes

I haven’t read many of the comics but he does have a few things in common with the MCU Tony Stark: he’s an arrogant asshole who treats women like shit, thinks the rules don’t apply to him, and ends up creating all his own messes.

Seriously, how many world-threatening calamities did Stark cause while still calling himself a hero? Here’s just a partial list:

Iron Man 1: Gave Obadiah Stane the technology to build the big mech suit and arm a bunch of random terrorists.

Iron Man 2: told angry Russian dude how to build better laser whips and also alienated his friend by being a drunken ass, who then took one of his suits to a competitor to copy.

Iron Man 3: gave scientist lady the secret formula for whatever Mcguffin was driving the movie and also snubs disabled scientist guy who goes on to create a terrorist organization as a result.

Captain America: Winter Soldier: helps the government design the new hover carriers that threaten the planet.

Avengers Age of Ultron: Fucking builds Ultron.

Spiderman Homecoming: Ignores warnings, nearly hands over a cargo plane full of weapons and technology to Vulture.

Spiderman Far From Home: Bequeaths a fleet of murder drones to a teenager, and also pisses off a big group of former employees who then trick the teenager into handing them over.

I know there are other examples I missed. But the point is that nobody should want to be compared to Tony Stark with a legacy like that.

7 Likes

It’s also interesting that @JxckS main Twitter account got banned, even as they went back and forth on suspending the ElonJet account - Twitter’s justification for the ban being, paradoxically, that the account was created to get around a ban, when it predated the ban and was, at least at one point, the only account suspended. It’s so obviously personal, not policy.

I thought “lil X” was some sort of truncated reference to “lil Nas X,” but apparently it’s a reference to his son, X AE A-XII. Who is 2 and obviously wasn’t driving a car, making the whole thing even weirder, if Elon wasn’t in the car with him - and in fact was in another city entirely? So it was Grimes’ car? Yet the assumption was that it was an Elon stalker? The idea that the flight tracker put Elon’s family at risk becomes doubly ridiculous, as that wouldn’t have shown Elon as even being in that city.

9 Likes

He names everything “X” even people (and you are not the only one to mistake the name). No idea whose car the child was supposedly in. The only way the claim makes any sense to me is if the plane was at LAX and the flight to Austin was after (which still doesn’t tie a plane’s location to a person for certain). I think it’s quite possible (with all the lies he’s been caught in) he’s made up the whole thing as an excuse not just to ban that account but also try to get sympathy from his audience in the process. But, here he is sharing someone’s license plate, anyway. By his new rules, it’s not the same day so that can’t possibly cause any harm.

I take it back, there was one other way the “tracking a plane helps track a car and a person” claim might work.

7 Likes

to add to that, in truth he wasn’t actually tweeting musk’s location anyway. he was tweeting public information about musk’s jet"

how could anyone say for sure who’s inside?

( unless maybe musk’s using it as a sort of dorian grey receptacle for his soul )

7 Likes

The jet’s tail number is Horcrux 3.

7 Likes