Twitter deal all but complete, Musk moves on to Manchester United

Originally published at: Twitter deal all but complete, Musk moves on to Manchester United | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Whatever you do, just stay the fuck away from Carlisle United, EM. We have already had bad experiences from owners who couldn’t buy Man United, and I would honestly prefer to have Michael Knighton and his UFOs back over EM.

13 Likes

Musk and ManU deserve each other.

9 Likes

Oh, just fuck off already, Elon.

20 Likes

Gonna assume he’s after the WAGs?

3 Likes

Every Musk headline should just be: “Elon Musk again desperately wants attention he neither warrants or deserves.”

22 Likes

Christ, what an asshole. [Honestly, at this point that’s sort of my default response to Musk doing or saying anything, and it’s always appropriate.]

“To be clear, I support the left half of the Republican Party and the right half of the Democratic Party!”

I mean, it’s not like there’s overlap there, anymore, there’s just a big ol’ chasm caused by Republicans moving to the far right. He’s pretending that’s somehow a centrist position - except it’s actually somewhere between far-right and center-right. He’s been flirting with fascism and pretending he’s a centrist. FFS.

20 Likes

12 Likes

I’ll believe if it happens.

2 Likes

So the man famously unable to stand being mocked wants to move into … football?

There’s going to be whole stadiums chanting insults

19 Likes

Well that didn’t last long. A real comic genius, this guy:

“No, this is a long-running joke on Twitter. I’m not buying any sports teams,” Musk said, when asked by a user if he was serious about buying the club.

14 Likes

Alex Ferguson is a director of Man Utd, and he is a Labour party supporter who believes in the power of a union. He organised a shipbuilders apprentices strike with Billy Connolly in the 1960s, then led a players walkout at Falkirk FC. I can’t see that relationship working out, but I would love to see Ferguson giving the hairdryer treatment to EM.

I think West Ham United would be a better fit for EM. He’d probably bring back Paolo di Canio and his Mussolini tattoos to manage the team and own the libs. He might piss off the fans who still work at Ford’s Dagenham factory though.

8 Likes

Cheer up Sleazy Elon,
Oh, what can it mean…

1 Like

To be clear, I support the left half of the Republican Party and the right half of the Democratic Party!

You mean the halves that service ultra-wealthy people and big corporations? That’s not exactly startling news.

9 Likes

Manchester United takes the train home from their game. So beautifully unamerican.

1 Like

I keep wondering if he’s going to turn around and bankroll the Forward Party.

5 Likes

I look forward to discovering that half of ManU players are actually bots.

5 Likes

Elon Musk - his favorite hobby is gleefully finding new people to annoy.

3 Likes

Everything is a joke to him.

5 Likes

I mean, like almost everything Musk says, it was always a joke, even if it wasn’t originally a deliberate one…

1 Like