Twitter is auctioning off its espresso machines, office chairs, and memorabilia

Originally published at: Twitter is auctioning off its espresso machines, office chairs, and memorabilia | Boing Boing

10 Likes

More evidence that Musk is playing 5D chess, I’m sure. Not only will this offset the billions he’s on the hook for by an impressive several hundred thousand dollars, but the staff will go even more hardcore productive sitting on milk crates (which are also easier to pile on tables for when the new robot cleaning staff comes through the echoing, stripped down office).

Musk is also generously buying three surplus vending machines to make sure the staff can continue to enjoy their coffee (provided they have enough MuskSlugs to pay). And don’t think the pay toilet doors didn’t catch his eye when he made the purchase.

36 Likes

I love how the chaotic disassembly of Twitter has been like a very crass, DIY private equity liquidation that is just making him poorer. There really is no job Musk can’t do!

27 Likes

I don’t get really rich people, I mean I do but, there is a lot of commercial kitchen equipment and various other electronic stuff that I’m sure some charities or schools could use.

If I had just a small fraction of his money I’d still be donating most of that stuff where it could help people who need it but I’m funny that way, I don’t need massive amounts of money, just enough to live indoors and eat and maybe buy a new car once in a while.

The link in the article is not working, here is the auction link.

11 Likes

13 Likes

+1000 points for coming up with MuskSlugs as a name for the company scrip

28 Likes

Given Musk’s penchant for flaunting workplace safety guidelines they’ll probably start auctioning off the fire extinguishers and exit signs next.

25 Likes
12 Likes

Insert milk crate challenge gif here. Seems a pretty apt analogy.

12 Likes

TwitCoin :coin:

11 Likes

I can only assume this part of Musk’s 5D chess strategy is to make it seem like Twitter is going out of business, too. Not just the furniture and coffee maker sales, which scream, “Yeah, we’re not going to be recovering from our employee losses.” But selling off the Twitter decorations? That’s a “this company is already dead and gone” maneuver.

13 Likes

Oh. I though MuskSlugs were what would be in the coffee. It’s not like anyone is ever going to clean them.

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Nothing says “this company is doomed” like selling the coffee maker(s).

18 Likes

Doesn’t he drink diet no-caf Coke?

6 Likes

Exactly. It’s a sign you don’t value your company.

7 Likes

pathetic, but what can you expect from a pathological bad player

2 Likes

As my dad likes to say, if you spend too much on the table you won’t have enough money left for the coasters.

4 Likes

Especially with a tech company. Us tech workers need our fucking caffeine.

This is all pathetic. It’s like watching a local mattress outlet store going out of business and liquidating everything from the shelves to the coffee mugs.

They are apparently so hard up for cash that they are auctioning off things like chairs, desks, computers, and commercial kitchen appliances. I can’t imagine this stuff ultimately selling for more than maybe $1-2m tops. Twitter probably burns that amount of money in a single day just in operating losses.

10 Likes

What’s next, a bake sale?

14 Likes

Well, some sorted of cooked goods.

12 Likes