Twitter plans to ban Trump until heat death of universe and possibly beyond

Heat death of the universe you say? That still sounds like it is too soon for me.

4 Likes

Well and now we can hope that the ban does not last too long until that get out clause takes effect.

To misattribute Twain: 'I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.’

7 Likes

Banning that horrid excuse for hair would be a blessing to everyone.

3 Likes

In certain circles, he is referred to as “hair furor”. I always really appreciated the cleverness of that.

4 Likes

Given that the impeachment lawyers have a slew of tweets they’re using to link him directly to the trumpsurrection (because there’s always a tweet) keeping him on the platform this long means they have plenty of ammo to nail this fucker to the wall. Well, i want to believe.

2 Likes

You’ve been watching Spitting Image. If not, you should, if you want the origin story of Trump’s “attack hair”.

The broadcast television stations and networks are required, to some extent, to provide equal time (or, at least, some time) for opposing political views. If you sell advertising time to a qualified candidate for an office, you generally must offer to sell their opponents advertising time at comparable rates.

I think the underlying leverage underlying those rules is that the broadcaster gets to use a slice of the public’s RF spectrum for commercial purposes in exchange for also using them for the public good (e.g., by airing public service announcements, news, emergency announcements, and political debate).

But cable TV and the internet (mostly) don’t rely on RF licenses from the FCC, so I’m not sure the same rules apply to them. It would be interesting if, say, Trump wins a party nomination for 2024 but cannot express himself through a major social media channel that his opponents are using. I could imagine that inciting some new regulations (or, at least, threat of regulations) that force the social media platforms into some kind of compromise.

And on the day before the head death of the universe, Trump will hold a rally where he will claim that the heat death is a hoax fabricated by ANTIFA and the so-called mainstream media.

1 Like

He’s banned for life?

So what, like five or six years then? Fewer?

7 Likes

@generic_name
He’s banned for life?
So what, like five or six years then? Fewer?

I’m confused.
Are you implying that he will be re-admitted back to Twitter posthumously?

1 Like

Well, it worked for Herman Cain.

9 Likes

I think you’re referring to the Fairness Doctrine, which was revoked in the Reagan Administration. I can almost guarantee that if it had still been in effect the past 35 years, Trump and Trumpism would never have been a problem.

3 Likes

Ha ha, Trump sucks

1 Like

I immediately felt my blood pressure drop when he was banned from Twitter.

He’ll be unblocked before I unblock DoubleClick at my router.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.