Twitter "seriously considering" Musk buyout after initially rejecting it

10 Likes

life part GIF

8 Likes

4 Likes
6 Likes

Marge is already lobbying…

5 Likes

I utterly and totally HATE Twitter with a most sincere passion. Now I’m wondering just how deep my hate can really get? Guess I’m gonna find out.

5 Likes

I imagine the Twitter lawyers are now thinking about how they’re going to explain to Elon all the legal liability reasons that they had to start kicking people off in the first place.

7 Likes

The problem with toxic sludge - whether it’s on Twitter or other “free speech” social platforms like Facebook or Reddit - is that it eventually contaminates everything - even the good parts.

Containment is rarely successful. Better just to avoid them entirely until we, as a society, decide to finally nuke these places from orbit.

Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

7 Likes

Makes me glad I never had a Twitter account. Now I won’t feel a need for one. I have yet to see a single tech company whose products/service/business health improved after being bought out.

R.I.P Twitter.

5 Likes
14 Likes

Considering Musk’s free speech absolutism, it will probably mean hate speech being legal now on Twitter, unless it’s explicitly banned by US law. I hope some other alternative becomes viable. I will be checking out Mastodon soon.

5 Likes

there’s always truth social. /s

more seriously, maybe the new eu law will help?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/eu-reaches-landmark-deal-over-online-hate-speech-and-disinformation/ar-AAWvj4h

6 Likes

I was eating dinner right now :face_vomiting: :sob:

I really hope so. The disinformation and hate speech campaigns are a grave threat to democracy.

6 Likes

But criticism of Musk and the manufacturing quality of Teslas will not be permitted

5 Likes

Consdering how fragile his ego is, I bet you are right.

4 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, thank goodness we don’t have to worry about Trump coming back. He is, after all, an unimpeachable source on these kinds of things.

4 Likes

Nah. Elon is buying twitter for the same reason that Curt Schilling started a company to make a game like World of Warcraft. He really likes the game and thinks “I could do that. I know all about it because I use it”. This will end just as well as Curt Schilling starting a game company did.

3 Likes

Wow, The one thing money can’t do is prevent cringe.

2 Likes