Two examples of excellence from Japan

Well, there is this idea in Japan that companies have to provide work for people to be able to make a living. The problem is that is compounded with the idea of making work your whole life (you live to work, you don’t work to live).

The end result is a tremendous amount of extra hours sunk to complete jobs that could have been done much faster without the layer(s) of useless tasks that are added on top.

At my last company our costing proposals were basically authenticated the same way. The lady in charge of this step of the process would verify all our excel sheets with a calculator.

I’ve had Yamazaki 18 and Hibiki 17. Ya know what? They really arent worth so much higher cost than the usual bottles which are already damn good.

Here we respect freedom of speech without anyone feeling the need to go full trigglypuff on ideas which are different or even calling people assholes because they have different ideas.

I respectfully disagree. Having taken the time to talk to various uyoku groups as well as groups on various other points of the spectrum, generally the uyoku people are much better at articulating their ideals, goals and where exceptions to those ideals & goals may be. I find the complete opposite to be true with the saiyoku.

FWIW I personally agree with the uyoku on a number of issues especially concerning territorial matters like the Northern Territories.

Also as a side note uyoku people have always been completely respectful of the Jews where as saiyoku people seem to be quite the opposite. Oddly enough even the language either groups use is reflective of this, uyoku always use the word ユダイヤ人 where as saiyoku always use シオニスト as a broad term.

12 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Honda Cub. Much more popular than the Harley Davidson scooter.

3 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Wow, for years I used that, photoshopped, as my avatar backdrop thingy.

12 Likes

The cub was an eye opener for me. I just warped to the 750 cc machine due to necessity, the need for speed.

do you defend german holocaust deniers with the same enthusiasm

Nice try but if you had paid attention to my comment history you would see that in fact I do respect their right to speak and publish. Censoring “bad ideas” is for the weak who cant defend their own ideas and for dictators. To paraphrase someone, the remedy for bad speech is more speech.

I’m curious how you so clearly understood the march was about “denying ww2 war crimes”. Do you perhaps speak or read Japanese?

I had a can of Boss Gold Presso a few weeks back on a whim. As canned coffee goes, it was quite good. Better than I expected even, given the swill that Starbuck$ churns out in those glass bottles. I’d say Boss is very different from our domestic offerings, a little softer and really well balanced. I’d have it again if given the opportunity.

2 Likes

Not the Richard Whiteley one?

well first of all i wasnt complaining about the lack of state intervention in their dumb demonstration but rather the lack of anyone using their supposed free speech to counter protest or even just flip them off or something. Personally however, its precisely the rights of “the weak who cannot defend their own ideas” I’m concerned with, when those ideas are like korean women not wanting to be systematically raped by an invading army, for example. Which was the particular subject of the demonstration i witnessed.

The japanese right which you are defending certainly doesn’t share your love of free speech though as evidenced by their continued celebration of the assassination of political opponents or Abe’s draconian suppression of dissenting media.

“It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labour of calculation which could safely be relegated to anyone else if machines were used.”

― Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz

4 Likes

BBS likes a banana, we are fruit flies.

7 Likes

It does have a certain appeal.

5 Likes

You know what they say, you must have skin in the game.

5 Likes

Again, people here dont feel the need to act childish in public. Far better to let someone else speak than do something rude yourself.

So your Japanese is advanced enough that you could understand the subject despite the fact that the uyoku groups talk about this in a rather oblique way?

I cant justify the murder of Asanuma from my perspective. He really was a traitor to his country but unfortunately the 60s here were a time of lots of political bloodshed from the right and the left.

Cute. But then again if your language skills are good you’d know that with a trip to a convenience store or book store here you would find plenty of media expressing opinions quite different from or critical to the Abe administration. You can even read Aka Hata online. Or if your language skills arent that good try the Asahi Shinbun website in English.