Two GOP lawmakers: "It's time for Jeff Sessions to go"

… so he can be replaced by someone who will unilaterally shut down, now and forever, all investigations into Trump and TrumpWorld.

As much as the Right portrays Clinton as a monster, even he didn’t have the audacity to try to shut down the Whitewater investigation.

1 Like
1 Like

Of course, the reasons that marijuana is even a thing over which the AG has any discretion are two execrable Supreme Court decisions: Wickard v Filburn and Gonzales v Raich. I pray frequently to al known and unknown gods that they be reversed.

Never read Gonzales v Raich before. That is a some bullshit. The federal government could outlaw sewing your own clothes on the basis that it interferes with the interstate commerce in clothing?

1 Like

Yeah they would if they could shoehorn it in with respect to other articles of the Constitution which effectively invalidate such efforts (search online for various articles regarding book sellers and publishers trying to fight first sale doctrine in the last few years).

I mean, my federal government could make sewing your own clothes criminal (okay, it would be unconstitutional for other reasons) because the Canadian federal government and the provinces have a different balance of powers. I’m not enough of a US legal scholar to say whether the federal government ought to have that power or not. But justifying it on the basis of regulating interstate trade?!? That’s a neat trick.

Well basically interstate commerce comes under the Commerce Clause and there’s tons of laws written since the 1920s that cover a broad area of regulation some of which even the GOP here likes. So unless SCOTUS decides to troll the ever loving hell out of Congress by invalidating any/all uses of the Commerce Clause beyond its scope there’s not likely going to be such kooky laws against DIY stuff. Mind you that’s so long as it’s not a direct threat to anyone’s life or that anyone can’t drum up support for such a ban.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.