Two moons were visible in the Dubai sky last night.

Originally published at: Two moons were visible in the Dubai sky last night. | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Neat. But people with motion sickness should not watch the video - there is way too much spinning in the drone-shot portion.

4 Likes

Obligatory.

nomoon

(He’s right you know, that isn’t a real moon.)

20 Likes

It may be a world record for the Pepper’s Ghost illusion - slick.

3 Likes

“UAE Government Media Office, the Mars moons of Deimos and Phobos”

There was a company in Doom, called UAC, who summoned those moons…

This is awfully specific and close to that. Coincidence? Or are they trying to summon hell?

Guess we’ll find out!

8 Likes

Methinks they’ve already begun the rituals: Donald Trump's Glowing Orb | Know Your Meme

4 Likes

“PRojEcT BluBeAm shEEple!! WaKe Up beFoRe it’S tOO LaTe”

They implied that it was direct projection on a special screen, rather than the partially silvered mirror stuff like in a traditional pepper’s ghost.

1 Like

I do like this projection, and think it looks really cool, but I also think about The Expanse when Avasarala mocks Mars’s moons as not being real moons, but rather just dim dots in the sky.

1 Like

Hmmm. Too round, surely? They don’t look anywhere near potatoey enough to be Phobos & Deimos.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for this to be a round the clock projection to shape the narrative of the general populous.

and then came the projected duet with Tupac and Hatsune Miku dancing in the sky

1 Like

Indeed, sounds like a simple scrim-type projection screen. Think of dark finely-woven cheesecloth, or even screen door material. I did the same thing for a simple suspended Princess Leia “hologram” projection a few Halloween’s ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s an inexplicable mistake. Neither moon is spherical.

It’s like that recent H.G. Wells two-pound coin that features a War of the Worlds tripod… with four legs.

How?! Just, how?!?

This moon sighting was faked!

The hurtling moons of Barsoom!

I believe ‘mooning’ someone in the UAE will get you life in prison

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.