Two oil tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman

Anyone else glad they got 15 gallons of gas last night lol?

Damn. I actually saw I was low on gas last night but was like “the fill light hasn’t come on so I got another 40 odd miles”.

2 Likes

S U S P I C I O U S eh comrades?

Old data but, you get the idea:

“Russia expects to run a budget deficit of $48.1 billion in 2016. If Russian oil exports are valued at $71.52 billion in 2016, that means Russia would have to export $48.1 billion more oil in order to break even just on its budget deficit. That comes to approximately $68 a barrel, assuming daily production of 4.8 million barrels.” (2016)

https://www.trtworld.com/europe/how-oil-prices-impact-russia-s-economy-22067

3 Likes

i’m not saying this is what happened, i’m not quite ready to make a tin-foil hat.

that said, if i were to find out that john bolton had privately convinced the leadership in a country with enough of a navy to have submarines (wikipedia says there are 35 such countries) to try to sink a tanker or two in the persian gulf and try to make it look like the iranians did it, it wouldn’t even slightly surprise me.

9 Likes

Much as I would love to point at you and laugh for even suggesting such a thing, with the state we are in now, I would believe it in a NY minute. That makes me sad. :expressionless:

6 Likes
1 Like

it is a sign of how unhinged our times have become that i’m even willing to express that thought semi-publicly. in the administration that currently runs my country it is the most deranged who get to determine reality.

5 Likes

My question is why Iran would attack tankers that literally just bought oil from them?

2 Likes

Can’t remember now if that Gulf of Tonkin incident really was US perfidy or not.

1 Like

radar returns on whitecaps, probably.

Ya I filled up for like 2.50 on Wednesday night. Gas shot up to 2.80 in PA as of this afternoon. I got like a 30 cent discount.

1 Like

My guesses, as a complete layman, are that this is either:

1. Bad state actors trying to create a casus belli against Iran;
  2. Some bunch of terrorists trying to create general havoc by stirring shit up.
1 Like

No subs required. SEALs and limpet mines.

7 Likes

16 Likes
1 Like

the owners of the tankers are now saying that the ships were struck by objects flying above the water–

edited for spelling.

3 Likes

Rocket Propelled Grenade?

American predator drone?

The CIA is the one that runs the predator and globalhawk programs.

The more I read this, the more this seems like an actual false flag attack.

3 Likes