U-Bounty: The World's First Bounty Hunting Gig App

Originally published at: U-Bounty: The World's First Bounty Hunting Gig App | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ. The fact that this is even slightly plausible is HORRIFYING

19 Likes

[swipes left]

8 Likes

They make it look so easy and fun! Such a great idea. Absolutely nothing could go wrong.

6 Likes

Reminds me of the “RICO” app from the third season of Westworld.

15 Likes

Yeah, I imagine someone leapt up from the couch and hasn’t stopped working since they saw it on Westworld.

It won’t last long. The first guy who lays hands on someone and gets arrested for assault, then sued by the guy he was capturing, will serve as a good example for the rest.

7 Likes

Well it is just as fictional as the app on the TV show… at least for now.

9 Likes

10 Likes

When I saw the article, it didn’t even occur to me that it might be a joke. My brain just went “ok, yeah, I guess that’s a thing now.”

14 Likes

My father’s idea for an assasination app married to blockchain cryptocurrency was called “BitWhack”.

13 Likes

That concept is used in fiction surprisingly often. Others that come to mind are Followrs in William Gibson’s Agency and Huntrs in (the narrative podcast and soon to be graphic novel) Bubble.

4 Likes

I had to come here to see if it was real or not, as you never know with America…

8 Likes

Props to your dad.

original

8 Likes

IIRC Japanese yakuza now outsource murders to Chinese hitmen, who fly in immediately before the job and fly out immediately afterwards, (Obviously, that might not be possible under the current situation.)

4 Likes

#iHunt, someone?

2 Likes

It was only a matter of time before Strangers On A Train became an app

3 Likes

Is it still stochastic terrorism if it’s coordinated by an app?

5 Likes

Payment provided in HitCoin

10 Likes

Brilliant.

6 Likes

6 Likes