U-Haul truck bullies a low clearance pipe but fails in the most amusing way

Buckaroo Banzai:
It flies like a truck.

John Parker:
Good, what is a truck?

5 Likes

Having been fined my firstborn by U-Haul for failing to sweep every last speck of dirt and dust from the truck, I can only imagine the bill these two are in for.

ETA: The truck however seems surprisingly… resilient? I wonder if they are built for people like this?

4 Likes

It was probably lower (fully loaded) when pulling in and taller (empty) when going out. Most people wouldn’t account for a truck growing while it was parked.

4 Likes

But I want ALL the other camera angles! And the truck interior audio!

1 Like

Facilities managed to do something similar on my wife’s unit after cleaning a room post isolation. Somehow the worker managed to knock a sprinkler head off in one of the rooms which caused the system to activate the fire sprinklers in the whole unit. The resulting torrent proceeded to flood all the patients’ room with this black gunk. No one knew what the gunk was and it had to be sent out for testing for possible contamination (not to mention possible patient harm). Fun times had by none!

4 Likes

You can actually see the bar - not yellow - they hit at about 0:02 in the video. Looks like they must’ve thunked it pretty hard but it didn’t deter them one bit.

2 Likes

Fellow at the old job ran into a sprinkler pipe with the raised mast of a forklift. I can confirm that the water that comes out of those things is disgusting

6 Likes

Looks like they just hit the sprinkler system until it went off. Also I really hope they went for the Cadillac insurance policy as that is going to cost a bit.

1 Like

Disagree, most amusing way would be that water snaking its way through interior of truck hold erupts from obvious countent tell, and corrects course of truck in manner permitting passage or other egress. See also: Where my 50 gal. lube drums from last December at?

3 Likes

But in the absence of knowledge or first-hand experience, myths about fire sprinkler systems proliferate. One such myth—kept alive by films like Lethal Weapon 4 —is that the water in fire sprinkler pipes is usually clean.

Hah, don’t even get me started on the ventilation ducts…

7 Likes

Christ, what a U-Haul!

5 Likes

I thought that this was a reboing but no, it was another gentleman in another U-Haul.

2 Likes

I’m afraid this is very tangential but related to your funky post (probably drawing a long bow here)…

Have always heard the Commodes (sorry Commodores) song ‘Brick house’ as ‘Shit house’, the parking structure is ‘the house’ in the posts context :grinning::

2 Likes

Deep dive into what’s in sprinkler pipes. (don’t dive or swim in sprinkler pipe water) TLDR: Corrosion happens, the initial spray of gunk is nasty, but preferable to loss of life and less likely to lose the building overall. Discolored Water in Fire Sprinkler Pipes: MIC Corrosion & Other Causes

2 Likes

if you want real fun – get the bigger truck! those bastards smash through just about anything.

4 Likes

Hey man, these are beloved cultural icons who, I can confirm from personal experience, bring the funk in a live show.

Seriously, if you ever get the chance to see The Commodores in person, take it!

1 Like

Huh, I always heard “Keep that line o’ machines hummin’.”

I guess I’ll lay a Mondegreen on that one.

1 Like

Didn’t anybody see the caption “Live Leak” in the top left corner of the video?

2 Likes

Totally inaccurate. This was a pre-recorded leak…

:slight_smile: lol

2 Likes