U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning in hospital recovering from suicide attempt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/u-s-army-whistleblower-chelse.html

5 Likes

I really goddamn hope the official diagnoses in all their bureaucratic forms includes suicidal tendencies brought on by a (not-so-fucking-) acute case of human-rights-violating torture.

36 Likes

I’m atheist, but sometimes I wish there was a heaven for people like Chelsea who have had to endure the hell of humanity in their lives.

53 Likes

The end result of prolonged torture, no other diagnosis needed.

28 Likes

There’s plenty of cogs to run it through, but if the invigilator will excuse Chelsea, that will be enough to avert the immediate crushing of skulls. [Flips the QuickStart Guide to Grand Inquest around a bit.]

6 Likes

I drive past where she is being held often as it’s very near where I live. It’s weird on a normal day now it’s just sad.

15 Likes

god dammit

11 Likes

Yeah… my first reaction, too. I’m angry. And weary.

7 Likes

The world needs you, Chelsea. You are loved.

Abolish prisons. End torture. Trans rights are human rights. :purple_heart:

27 Likes

Is it possible to charge an entire bureaucracy with attempted murder?

7 Likes

Yes. It is called revolution (armed insurrection with guillotines).

5 Likes

2 Likes

I am an atheist but sometimes I wish there was a hell for the fuckers who make people like Chelsea suffer needlessly.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Seconded…

On a similar note, is there a term for Christians who simultaneously claim to worship Jesus Christ yet vote for the exact polar opposite personality as president?

The disconnect is frankly bizarre IMHO…

3 Likes

Judge just released her, it looks like.

EDIt sorry, didnt see the post above me.

1 Like

“Hypocrite” would be technically correct, but we need something with more pizzazz.

4 Likes

The term is “Christians”. We could use the term “RealChristians™” for the other 2 or 3 guys who believe in Jesus F. Christ and actually give a shit about other people.

2 Likes

Damn. I’m really worried for her.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.