U.S. Religious Groups Supporting Refugees

Just looking for the positives…

10 Likes

I’m happy to see this. Good on them, acting with compassion.

1 Like

Yeah - this coupled with the Takei response is a quasi-unicorn chaser to some of this recent xenophobia… Unfortunately, just as that beast is mythical, so too may be any eventual reasonable (or even conscionable) reaction by our “leaders”.

1 Like

Every one of the Republican hopefuls has spoken out against welcoming Muslim refugees. A number have basically conflated them with terrorists. Donald Trump has suggested closing mosques, kicking out refugees already in the country and getting Muslims to carry identification - as one headline pointed out, he’s officially crossed the Nazi line. I would love for this to be the moment when Christians wake up to the amount they’re selling out on their professed values by propping up the party, but there have already been so many of these moments.

5 Likes

I suspect that much of the base is disenchanted and what we’re seeing with the Rethug candidates is mostly media types doing what they do.

I guess it’ll take an election to see if I’m right about that.

2 Likes

Catholics can get all Humanist sometimes.
You get the horrible antigay, hyper superstitious ones, and then also the ones big on Social Justice. They can be pretty admirable if you meet the right ones.

2 Likes

Amen…

If you want to know if somebody is Christian, just ask them to complete this sentence: Jesus said I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you — and if they don’t say welcomed me in, they are either a terrorist or they are running for president.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 458 days. New replies are no longer allowed.