U.S. Strategic Command tweets nuclear war joke on New Year's Eve

You obviously have not been keeping track of the military’s screwups. Like those missing atomic bombs in the Air Force, or the demolition derby the navy runs in the South China sea, or the many billions the Army has managed to to “lose”.

We no longer have a military. It’s just another federal jobs program staffed with the worst misfits our society produces. And that’s mostly because our Congress won’t carry our their duty by declaring all wars, and the unseemly haste of people like Trump to avoid military service.

SAC workers just have too much time on their hands - so now they moonlight as improvs. I hope they lose their day job.

Some day we’ll face real trouble, and this nation’s high performers will be forced to fight. Won’t be some meth kid from rural Oklahoma doing the fighting…

1 Like

Nah, that’s how many (most?) in the profession see themselves – they’re not there to slaughter millions of innocent foreigners, they’re there to to prevent foreign madmen from slaughtering millions of innocent Americans – by making a believable and robust threat to kill millions of innocent foreigners.

The geopolitical strategy known as MAD – “Mutual Assured Destruction.”

Which, mad as it sounds, has actually worked – so far.

I was somewhat reassured when the USAF ran simulations in their new Titan II secure silos where the 2-man crews were told that NORAD had detected a massive incoming first strike, and they had only a few minutes to fire the programmed return salvo; a large majority (ca 75% IIRC – and I may not) of the two-man launch teams had at least one member who defected and refused to fire the missile.

In almost all cases, the crewmen in after-action interviews said they refused because the whole POINT of their always-manned always-alert mission was to PREVENT a massive first strike. So if a first strike was already inbound, they’d already failed in their mission; a revenge strike that would kill millions more was pointless.

Last I heard, they were still arguing about whether that response was a bug or a feature. (-:

4 Likes

Many, but not all.

“Restraint? Why are you so concerned with saving their lives? The whole idea is to kill the bastards. At the end of the war if there are two Americans and one Russian left alive, we win!”

–General Thomas S Power, SAC Commander

And also:

4 Likes

so youre saying nuclear weapons are important and necessary?!? contrary I would argue that nuclear weapons are a very, very, very dangerous and unnecessary threat to all humankind and the planet as a whole. this MADness has to stop!

RonCobb66

5 Likes

There is no need to worry about the future if you pound cheeseburgers like our Commander in Chief.

3 Likes

“It’s a miracle”, duh…

2 Likes

All that stuff with chromosomes and genetic inheritance? God just puts that there to mess with scientists. It’s the same deal with fossils and carbon dating - celestial humor at human expense. He’s really only got the one joke, but all the angels have to laugh when he tells it, so he tells it a lot.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Joking aside, the evidence suggests the world is heading for nuclear war.
https://www.ghostsofhistory.wordpress.com/

1 Like
3 Likes

A Paleontologist thought he’d found a new dinosaur leg but it turned out to be a fossil arm…

8 Likes

is this the group in charge of nukes that is caught cheating on their tests, so then to stop that they made it pass/fail, and they still cheated? so glad we have the best of the best in charge of end-all weapons, and now a commander-in-chief who makes up what he wants to do while going to the bathroom every morning, and now has no-one to tell him otherwise

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Professionalism/Cheating_Scandal_at_Malmstrom_Air_Force_Base

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

But many of his colleagues don’t consider it humerus.

11 Likes

Hey, uh, DW, apparently you are able to read, so please get a copy of this, read it, and then come back to this thread w/ some more commentary.

1 Like

@teknocholer

Ach, go on, pull the other one!

5 Likes

worf-facepalm

7 Likes

i-found-this-humerus-tee-shirt-3802-250x250

9 Likes