UFO captured on video by doorbell camera

Originally published at: UFO captured on video by doorbell camera | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It isn’t a bug, it is a feature…

22 Likes

Did it say anything, like “Uhny Uftz”?

3 Likes

This was an April fool’s joke, I’m assuming? I can’t understand how something that’s so obviously an insect got any attention at all, even as a non-serious story - I mean, so you can see the movement of its wings as an artifact in the video… Although I said this about the whole “rod” phenomenon, and apparently people actually believed in that (and still do?).

Wait, the story was “Posted at 10:02 AM, Mar 30, 2022” - what the actual fuck? Did someone jump the gun on April 1st?

7 Likes

Could easily be someone’s drone going down.

3 Likes

I’m thinking Estes rocket malfunction. I’ve seen a solid fuel rocket veer like that when an inadequately glued stabiliser fell off.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Exotic dancer material, no question.

4 Likes

Apparently the secret to antigravity is contra-rotating tassels.

7 Likes

I like how even the reporter sounds a little bit bemusedly sarcastic in calling it a UFO.

“I got a F-ing journalism degree and you’re making me report on a bug caught on a ring camera? I did not go to school for this!”

3 Likes

We have a Ring doorbell. There are more “There is motion at the front door” alerts for insects that I expected.

3 Likes

Clearly it was a ROD! Open your eyes!!!1111!!ONZE!!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rods

Ask this guy:

more flattery parlease…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.