Uh oh! Donald Trump loses it again, this time forgetting what the word "election" means (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/25/uh-oh-donald-trump-loses-it-again-this-time-forgetting-what-the-word-election-means-video.html

7 Likes

I swear, it’s getting to the point where we’re having a Tuesday almost every week now.

54 Likes

All that and he still finds time to ‘win’ a golf championship.

In his normal life Tuesday is when you start the weekend.

13 Likes

We’ll bring crime back to law and order, and we’re going to get those words, law and order, back.

I haven’t watched much Law and Order since the Jerry Orbach days. Did they stop investigating and prosecuting crimes at some point? Seems like a weird move for the franchise, but still maybe not the best thing to run a presidential campaign on. Especially when you’re famous for doing crimes.

12 Likes

He’ll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a bond extension today.

36 Likes

Ooh, he was so close!

Tuesday, and Tuesday, and Tuesday,
Creeps in this political pace from week to week,
To the last Louisiana of recorded time;

17 Likes

I suppose we shouldn’t have politics in the middle of the election season either.

14 Likes

Is he… upset that other elections are happening during a presidential election year? Or am I ascribing too much coherence to the mouth noises he emanates? He’s so incoherent, it’s hard to tell what hilariously insane, stupid and narcissistic idea he’s expressing.

9 Likes

If only there were funds for an after adult day care program he might not have turned to crime.

13 Likes
16 Likes

The answer to “is he REALLY that dumb?” is YES, at least 9 times out of 10.

13 Likes

Given how many mistakes he can make at once, it’s at least t 10 times out of 9.

14 Likes

For you, the day Trump spoke to your village it was the most incoherent speech you ever heard. But for Trump, everyday is Tuesday.

16 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t want elections interfering with my coronation.

12 Likes

Gods!
What’s he gonna be like in 4 months at the Republican National Convention?

9 Likes

Even that article is giving Trump too much credit for his intelligence. I’m not convinced Trump has any particular “emotional intelligence” that helps him manipulate people. He’s just manipulating people who are even dumber than he is. He’s successfully conned people for decades because he was wealthy (even if not nearly as much as he claimed), and recognized that some people would give him the benefit of the doubt because they admired and desired that wealth. Because that’s obvious. As a politician, he says stuff (frequently contradictory) and then looks to see what gets big cheers. Not exactly subtle. Clever Hans the horse was smarter.

The main reason his (lack of) intelligence is “off the radar” is that the media constantly mask it. It happened before and all throughout his presidency - he’d spout some gibberish, and the press would fall over themselves to interpret it in a way that was coherent, then talk about whatever coherent statement/question/argument they “translated” from his words and talk exclusively about that, rather than what he actually said.

10 Likes

He didn’t misspeak, if you elect him we’ll never have elections again in the middle of political season. Or at any other time.

10 Likes

Or as I sometimes call them, Second Monday.

3 Likes

Fellow Boing Boing members … it is our responsibility to continue to inform our circle of influence that TFG is not the best choice to make if we hope to have a positive change in our government.

Yes, Biden is ______ —- but this is not the time to waiver. It is required to convince and talk to everyone you know to share that TFG is a path to chaos.

We probably all know family - friends who voted for TFG. We have to listen to them … hear their needs and do our best to convince them that TFG is not there to help them.

3 Likes