Uh oh. Lauren Boebert tells Americans not to be distracted by "the natural"... "We are taking ground in the spirit world"

Sure is frightening to see such ignorant people in positions of power. Is it getting worse or is it just me?

10 Likes

Confucius?

1 Like

Decoded. It’s the Adam and Eve thing again.

4 Likes

It might be worse, but I don’t think so. It’s probably in part because of social media - more people can have more access to an audience, and if they make the right noises, they can get people who like and agree with them. But it’s also due to years of American anti-intellectualism from the right, that made some people believe that anyone with expertise or intelligence is a “liberal, coastal, elite” who got where they are via something nefarious, etc. Couple that with people having a distrust of institutions for some very good reasons since the 70s, and you have a great way to create a new authoritarian movement.

20 Likes

4th-doc-jelly-baby

11 Likes

There is some truth to this. If they would just stop mucking things up, the 60-70% of us who want serious health care reform, reasonable gun control, and a bunch of other progressive reforms would actually make things better for them. We can just tell them “God works in mysterious ways.”

12 Likes

Mindless Inconsistency… thy name is Republican.

9 Likes
2 Likes

I’m by no means an expert on the matter; but it is my layman’s understanding that some of the more…colorful…christian variants get pretty literal about “spiritual warfare” and conceive of it as being played out on a terrain; sometimes with something at least analogous to features, variations in type and intensity of demonic activity, etc.

I think that there are a bunch of sub-flavors that require some expertise to spot; but they are, in broad strokes, to some combination of ecology and maneuver warfare what the exorcism enthusiasts are to psychology. It’s pretty creepy to be honest.

7 Likes

There’s a concept in some evangelical Christian circles that subscribe to concept of apologetics and natural theology. It’s a bullshit construct that tries to use pseudo-science and Socratic methods to argue the existence of God.

Apologetic practitioners argue that there’s the natural world - where humans exist; and the supernatural world which is of God. Ms. Annie Oakley here is basically butchering the premise and babbling nonsense while broadcasting her pseudo-intellegence for all to see.

10 Likes

If I had communicated Nancy Pelosi’s position to the mob during the capitol riots in an effort to get her killed, I might start telling people not to pay attention to reality.

23 Likes

Some of the Christians believe in, and I know it’s hard to believe, an invisible divine entity they call “God”. Wacky stuff, and dangerous too.

7 Likes

She is medium rare - but not rare enough for me.

Next, she’ll be claiming she’s “got voodoo, she’s got hoodoo; she’s got shit she ain’t even tried…”

15 Likes

What happened to all those angels out of Africa and South America? Are they bogged down on the spiritual equivalent of the Russian Front?

10 Likes

This.

This echoes all of the nonsense that I’ve heard about “spiritual warfare” babbled incoherently by an evangelical acquaintance.

6 Likes

So… The Jehovah’s witness approach?

Honestly, that’s pretty much the only reason those door knocking god-botherers don’t actually piss me off more.

2 Likes

12 Likes

It seems like what she is saying more than anything is that anyone with eyeballs can see that the Republicans are on the waning end of their history. It’s akin to the apocalyptic idea of when things are are at their worst you should rejoice, because the end times are near. They aren’t winning in reality because they aren’t supposed to, but that’s supposedly god’s will anyway in prophecy.

If that’s the case, why not just render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s? Shouldn’t all these politicians stop worrying about representing corporations and defending the rich, and instead get out there and get souls saved? If the real battle is in the spirit world, aren’t they betraying their faith to be out there fighting for their greedy economic policies?

4 Likes

Do you want poison kool-aid? Because this is how you get poison kool-aid.

10 Likes