Uh-oh. What's up with McCain? He seemed disoriented when questioning Comey today

He’s the poster child for how lazy voters are. “Let’s see, there’s a name I recognize and a bunch I don’t. I’d better vote for the one I recognize”

There can’t be any other explanation that doesn’t involve reptilian mind control.

8 Likes

And afterwards he (or more likely an aide) put out a statement blaming his staying up late watching baseball, and also his comments obviously “went over the head” of listeners.

1 Like

I think McCain tried to confuse the issue, confused himself, and then tried to use his own confusion to further confuse the issue for others.

9 Likes

McCain is sounding as senile as Trump always sounds.

12 Likes

McCain is a MINO (Maverick In Name Only)
He’s party-line all the way.

16 Likes

He’s been on a spiral of incoherence since 2008.

10 Likes

I think he’s trying to make the point that the two investigations are somehow related… which I guess in a way they are? I mean if it was the Russians hacking her servers and if the Russians were working with Trump. Poor guy looks like a mess though.

2 Likes

And this brings up something that should have disqualified him for life way before now- how anyone has taken him seriously since his idiotic meddling grandstanding baseball hearings is beyond me.

2 Likes

My read was that he’d simply been instructed to inject “but her emails!” wherever possible, and simply couldn’t find a way to make sense while complying with the order.

9 Likes

I thought he was trying to engineer (at the behest of someone else) a good sound bite for Fox News.

10 Likes

It appears as if McCain was under the influence of alcohol.

1 Like

That was my impression also.

3 Likes

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

1 Like

Pretty much every Senator excpet McCain:
A bit of flattery, then "Mr. Comey, now I am giving you an opportunity to say something stupid that will help me politically. Would you care to say something stupid?"
Comey: “I’d rather not.”

McCain: Start by comparing apples to oranges, then get confused and ask "WHY AREN’T YOU INVESTIGATING PRESIDENT PINEAPPLE?"
Comey: “I’m not a pineapple.”

My favorite Comey line was: “I am not going to try to interpret the president’s tweets.”

17 Likes

Or polonium?

This was the only part I heard but it was infuriating how he tried to turn this into a partisan issue.

The email server investigation and the Russia investigation are two separate things. One concluded and one is ongoing. Very simple. If the Russia investigation turns up evidence that the Clinton campaign had illicit contact with Russia then that should come out when all this wraps up. But in the meantime stop convincing yourself there’s some sort of favoritism gong on.

6 Likes

I’m moderately convinced this is what happens in american elections when you are voting for multiple things at once and are already feeling overwhelmed by the selections.
edit : And of course the reptilian mind control…

3 Likes

Nobody hacked her servers - they hacked the campaign email (which I believe was gmail). Totally different thing.

McCain claims he was trying to make a point about how Comey was willing to state some conclusions in that case, and perhaps he’d do the same in this one, but he wasn’t coherent enough.

7 Likes

The thing is that, aside from the Comey/Trump confusion, this really isn’t word salad. The sentences aren’t great, but they’re understandable enough. The problem is the logic.

7 Likes

I’m still convinced that was intentional self sabotage; by the time he got the nomination, he no longer wanted the job.

5 Likes