UK petition to ban Donald Trump gets 370,000 votes

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Is it possible to revoke his citizenship and toss him out? How do you do that?

3 Likes

No it isnā€™t. Thatā€™s what prison is for, but voicing ugly opinions isnā€™t a crime. First Amendment and all that.

really, I think we could get ā€œInciting Domestic Terrorismā€ to stick.

8 Likes

Since theyā€™ve barred Dieudonne, Mike Tyson, Tyler the Creator and Fred Phelps from entry in the past, I donā€™t see why there should even be any debate on this. Why wouldnā€™t you ban him from entry?

11 Likes

While this is certainly encouraging, to put it in perspective, a position to ban all immigration and close the borders until ISIS is defeated has more than 400k signatures.

1 Like

The Trump petition now has 438,681 signatures*, despite having only been running for two days.

As the BBC article didnā€™t give a link; here it is.

*Risen to 438,854 while I was typing this.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Well, it depends how ugly. ā€œItā€™s time for Americans to start identifying and killing Muslims,ā€ is probably far enough to press charges. ā€œIā€™d happily pay $5000 for each Muslim ear delivered to meā€ would definitely be far enough. I mean, calling for people to be denied entry to the country is not nearly as severe as calling for them to be hurt or killed, but itā€™s unambiguously a call to deny people human rights. Maybe the difference is that we consider killing people to be a settled matter as a bad thing to do (at least when speaking in public) but we donā€™t denial of human rights based on religion to be so settled that we can deny the presence of a slippery slope.

2 Likes

Rather than ban him, letā€™s invite him. Iā€™d love to see the likes of Andrew Neil expose his utter idiocy in interview.

2 Likes

Pity nobody here in the US will ever see your eggheady BBC shows.

1 Like

Only by choice. Pretty much everythingā€™s available online.
He got Alex Jones pretty riled-up, but thatā€™s not too hard I guess.

4 Likes

Riled up? He was completely in control. That was perfectly classic Gish Gallop.

1 Like

He does have it mastered. Heā€™s like the WWF version of conspiracy theorists.

3 Likes

I love Michael Nutter. Can we just carry him around to all American cities where he can just be awesome for the rest of America.

5 Likes

Strangely, we donā€™t seem to have one to ban him from the U.S. yet. And the one to block him from running for president only has 1,386.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/block-donald-trump-running-presidency

oh no, a scary internet petition

Grand idea, letā€™s get his permission firstā€¦

1 Like

My question is: only 500,000 signatures?!?

Iā€™m not sure how widely known it is, but in northern British English, ā€˜trumpā€™ means fart.
eg: ā€œhaā€™ you trumped?ā€ == ā€œhave you farted?ā€

2 Likes