UK Political Thread, part the second

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if they announced that they were National Bolsheviks tomorrow.

3 Likes
11 Likes

How is egging it “without ceremony”?

6 Likes

The Daily Fail ran a front page story on Saturday - PM says working from home doesn’t work.

Quoth Boris:
“In my experience, working from home involves making coffee, going to the fridge to hack off a piece of cheese, making another coffee before reluctantly returning to the laptop.”

Now, I’m sure I’m not the only person on the planet who is aware that No.10 is both the home and the workplace of said idiot.
So now we know what he’s been up to instead of pretending to run the country - dipping lumps of cheese in his effing coffee all day long.
Which, it has to be said, is not the British way, see: Top 5 Biscuits

10 Likes

Right – even HMRC doesn’t think cheese is a biscuit.

I think we can safely say that HM Government’s official stance is that dunking cheese is, while not technically illegal, definitely wrong.

6 Likes

Great piece from The Mill on the recent local elections in Oldham

2 Likes

Edit- Oh, @Purplecat has post It before. Ninja!

12 Likes

You have to be a pretty big asshole to get the Daily Heil upset at you (though I suspect misogyny, and I’m not even posting a link to those fascists at the Mail).

5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

They literally just want to erase trans women. That’s it. They can fuck off.

7 Likes

I remember when the totally not transphobic Joanne said this.

I can’t wait for her to speak out against this, I’m sure she’ll say something soon.

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

7 Likes

Stages 7 and 8 of the ten stages of genocide.

They aren’t even pretending to not be fascists, although they will deny it when directly asked.

GC is just Replacement Theory for middle class British women.

11 Likes

ineedthisforreactions GIF

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

Labour MPs Nadia Whittome and Kate Osborne have put down an amendment to the Queen’s Speech to ensure everyone is protected from the abhorrent practices of so-called conversion therapy – no ifs or buts – and hope to force a crucial vote in the House of Commons.

conversion therapy isn’t a medical treatment – it’s abuse, whose foundational premise is that being LGBTQ+ is wrong. It causes serious mental health problems, and has driven some to suicide. Legalising it on the basis that people might consent to it reinforces toxic prejudices and puts people in danger and distress.

Without a full ban of conversion therapy, including in religious institutions, the abuse will continue, and that’s why we felt we have to put down an amendment to the Queen’s Speech this week. There should not be any loophole in the ban of conversion therapy; this government must legislate against every method of conversion, from corrective rape to praying with the purpose of changing the sexual or gender identity of a person.

It is now up to the Speaker of the House of Commons to decide whether to select our amendment and give us the chance to force the government to back a ban on trans conversion therapy. Given that the Labour front bench, Ed Davey and Caroline Lucas have all expressed their support for a trans-inclusive ban, we are hopeful that we will get that chance. But every MP we can get to support us helps. Please write to yours immediately and ask them to back our amendment.

7 Likes