UK Political Thread, part the second

To continue the story of this raid: this is what dangerous driving and attempted assault look like when the Met want an excuse to charge you:

6 Likes

With the Metā€™s absolutely appalling record at preventing, detecting or even acknowledging motorcycle theft (compared to other forces in England) that is probably as close as most of them have come to a motorcycle in their careers.

4 Likes

Oh well, that has put the kibosh on that.

1 Like
1 Like

Considering how long they take to put down the kick stand while several of them are holding up the bike that seems possible.

1 Like

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-euro-2020-brexit-b1883007.html

Former Conservative prime minister Theresa May was among the Tory MPs who rebelled against the reduction of the aid budget. ā€œWe made a promise to the poorest people in the world. The government has broken that promise. This motion means that promise may be broken for years to come,ā€ she said.

Never thought iā€™d see the day where authoritarianismā€™s biggest cheerleader would vote against her own gov, i suppose every step on the road to redemption has to start somewhere. Their attempts to further gaslight us into thinking thereā€™s a big old pot of money that they have to keep borrowing from when they can just spend it into existence would make Upton Sinclair proud. - " It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ".

2 Likes

She lost that job to Priti Patel, so it isnā€™t that surprising.

5 Likes
6 Likes

This was obvious immediately. And yes, young black men are providing better opposition leadership than that yoke in charge of Labour.

3 Likes

What are they thinking?

2 Likes

Canā€™t have soldiers prosecutedā€¦ same damn reason the US doesnā€™t support the ICC (or another international organization for the prosecution of war crimes). Iā€™m guessing many of the people who did those things probably have fairly high ranks now (and influence), as I canā€™t imagine them sticking their necks out for the average privateā€¦

2 Likes

They arenā€™t. The question over here is being asked whether the public and this cesspit government of scum and villainy are on diverging paths and we get seemingly daily evidence that it is indeed so. Seriously, unfuck the lot of 'em.

Everyone who voted for this has a name

Fucking hell, I agree with Esther McVile on something.

The SNP abstained because it doesnā€™t affect Scotland, and if they did vote they would be called hypocrites by English Tories. Not that it would have made any difference.

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Let me remember how this works again, oh yes, you will be forced to celebrate imperialist murderers and slavers becoz freeze peach but gentle contemplation on the unforgivable must be removed becoz woke yada yada cancel culture, leftist mobs trampling on our freedumbs.

Have I got it right?

5 Likes

12 Likes

Does anyone remember when we were warned that Jeremy Corbyn would purge the Labour party of right wingers, and how that never happened?

5 Likes
1 Like