UK Political Thread, part the second

Is she really launching a leadership bid? Or a career in irony?

4 Likes

Oh dear- I can only assume that this is an attempt to make Sunak look better by comparison. Truss turning up, saying everyone should have listened to her, and ordering the government to follow her plan which crashed the economy last year is either total cluelessness, or a reminder that things could be worse. Or both.

6 Likes

But does it make you want to invest in pork or cheese or cheesy pork?

6 Likes

No it doesn’t. AND THAT IS A DISGRACE.

5 Likes

Is there porky cheese? Because this idea smells about the same, I imagine.

5 Likes

Head cheese?

I’m still backing the lettuce.

7 Likes

May be thwarted

5 Likes

FFS
Tories attempting to ignite the globe using their own stupidity as kindling.

4 Likes

The actual press they put out after his speech reads like a “The Day Today” script.

None of these things were policy, not even for the Opposition, yet they think protecting us from imaginary “eco-Laws” is a vote winner?

I mean “7 bins”? Enforced car sharing?

3 Likes

Wait - after last winter, they’re bragging about preventing more insulation? Huh.

10 Likes

Now look here, getting rid of old people who don’t have money is good for the economy.

8 Likes

Look, with less bins, pensioner disposal has been simplified.

8 Likes

A new approach to Net Zero.”

Fuck It Jennifer Lawrence GIF by AbsoluteRadio

Great.

8 Likes

1,2, and 5 would be my policies. Only five would be municipally funded as it is not a break even proposition for occupants. I’d start with retrofitting public housing, particularly for the old, as a priority and of course a massive home building campaign.

2 Likes

Rolling back commitments on home energy efficiency is fucking over the renter class, again. Your landlord has no incentive to improve your home’s energy efficiency, and the renter hasn’t got the power to.

Should be an open goal for Labour, and if they pass on it the Greens will take the shot.

7 Likes

Ford said dropping the 2030 deadline would be a mistake, and hinted it could put further investments at risk.

“The UK 2030 target is a vital catalyst to accelerate Ford into a cleaner future,” Ford UK chair Lisa Brankin said in a statement on Wednesday.

“Our business needs three things from the UK government: ambition, commitment and consistency. A relaxation of 2030 would undermine all three.”

8 Likes

The UK has used a statutory instrument to introduce new rules designed to allow the sharing of personal data between the island nation and the US in compliance with data protection law.

However, one law firm said the fate of the new arrangement could depend on the outcome of challenges to data-sharing rules established between the European Union and the US in July.

[…]

3 Likes

“Closer trade ties with Europe is fine but anything that smacks of the EU interfering in British matters and dictating things from Brussels or Strasbourg is not on,” he told from his home in Viñuela, near Malaga.

4 Likes

Those quotes! It’s just Brexiter talking points repeated verbatim! No reflection at all!

8 Likes

Fucking gammons.

5 Likes