UK Political Thread, part the second

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

I think this belongs here, he is the leader of a party with one MP (originally elected as a Tory before he was kicked out for being too extremist for them)

9 Likes

The Reclaim Party manifesto is now one item, and it’s “Reclaim all my shit from the local nick.”

ETA: the radio news just announced his firing from GB News for being a little shit last week.

7 Likes

Finally

5 Likes

The head statistician at HO will be sweating right now.

1 Like

An unusually acute analysis of the Tory situation.
:rofl:

4 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

I hope she got away.

4 Likes

It sounds like Brexit doesn’t impact them much in Spain.

1 Like

The brief moment i had the misfortune of catching the Tory conference all i could think was…

animatrix-edit|nullxnull

6 Likes

I don’t know what that is from, but it feels appropriate.

5 Likes

The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance Part II

4 Likes

Hope Not Hate have been pretty poor at spotting the links between transphobia and the far right, but it is near impossible to ignore now.

5 Likes

There is one reason why asylum is the wedge issue the tories are pushing it as - their mismanagement - I don’t know how Hanlon’s razor would cut this, but I’m erring on “Malice”.

Their BIG mistake is ‘wedge’ issues don’t move the needle when people can’t afford housing, energy, food and their public services are in ruin.

5 Likes

They’re not designed to do anything, though, are they?

Sensible, competent governments could have solved all our problems decades ago. Except, every government on the planet is corrupt, to varying degrees, and greedy politicians spread hate as a distraction, again, in varied amounts, to hide the thievery and often-deliberate mismanagement.

Treating people like human beings is in fact the very opposite of a wedge issue. As we have seen internationally, every election cycle, for generations…

6 Likes

So, I’m on a quiet little dog-walk this morning, up to the local church on the hill, so himself can chase rabbits around the graveyard. On the way back, I have to deposit the usual you-know-what.

Now, is this some well-meaning but futile gesture, or is it the perfect metaphor for the state of the UK today?

Yes, it’s a tiny car air-freshener on a great big metal bin of dogshit.

6 Likes

Involuntary but very apt metaphor?

3 Likes

Maybe add a little pinch of glitter?

5 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes