UK Political Thread, part the second

It’s the cover to the unpublished book “Places to Run Away From”

*Looks closer*

Fuck, they’re Rangers fans. I really would be running away.

4 Likes

Nil by mouth or lungs while viewing, or you may do yourself a mischief!

I ahem highly recco the subtitles XD

2 Likes

It just keeps getting worse:

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Sky article has factual errors and is overall a bit dumb. Sinn Féin’s name predates the creation of NI so that framing is clumsy at best. SF are polling badly in Ireland at the moment. I can’t say for sure why as I would only know about their falling support on the left. I know some long term members who quit the party. Their attempt to be attractive to mythical centrists is going about as well as every such attempt. They won’t win any support but they are losing credibility.

ETA

“If Sinn Féin wins in 2025, the UK is therefore looking at many more years of an uncooperative, and likely hostile, neighbour in the face of growing external threats”

So just like us living beside Brexitland motherfuckers.

Also: Ireland is rotten with British spies, absolutely rotten with them.

9 Likes

That Grauniad article is a credulous lift of a report from Policy Exchange, a right-wing think-tank that’s stuffed with Tory grandees and is soaked with oil money. No wonder it’s a bit unhinged.

More generally, the reporting on this story just underlines how much the London media don’t care to understand about devolution or Ireland at all

7 Likes

You’d think people would look around and learn that lesson by now… but parties on the left keep doing this shit…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Is it 1st April already?

7 Likes

Sunak tried to walk it back on Radio 5 Live. Hell of a backlash not just from the opposition but from people struggling to pay bills. He let himself get backed into a corner by Piers Moron, and if the PM can’t handle a man-child like Piers, what good is he gonna be at anything?

What I really didn’t understand was why anyone would bother appearing on the right-wing shitshow that is TalkTV. Then I remembered - Tories, of bloody course.

8 Likes

Everything is fine now, he’s stopping the Cost of Living Payments.

Phew, that’ll distract the news from his gambling over the lives of vulnerable people.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Max is great, as are most who comment on his vids

Nerine Skinner is also great!

4 Likes

Crossposted from Today in Transphobia:

Sir Keir was visibly furious, saying: “Of all the weeks to say that when Brianna’s mother is in this chamber”.

Hopefully this will wake up Keir Starmer to the reality of transphobes and transphobia, that they aren’t people with concerns but that they are bullies looking for a cheap shot.

7 Likes

Yeah, i was just going to post about this.
Bigoted fucks gonna bigot. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Labour leadership shoots itself in the foot again, too late to replace the candidate on the ballot, the constituency is left without a Labour Party candidate but plenty of other slimy reptiles.

3 Likes