UK Political Thread, part the second

Season 1 Pike GIF by Paramount+

6 Likes

I would add to your googling

One of the reasons that I use DuckDuckGo is so that I can do a search for !w [topic] and it will take me straight to the Wikipedia page.

!g is the one for Google search, !yt is Youtube, !a is Amazon US, !azuk is Amazon UK, and so on

13 Likes
6 Likes

That cretinous old bigot has never been right in his life. God, I wish heā€™d fuck off. We need an election so very, very badly.

6 Likes

I am still convinced that the Tories will wait until the worst possible time for an election to minimise their embarrassment.

So January 2 2025?

6 Likes

Itā€™s sadly likely. They have every incentive to drag things out just to see if the polls improve somehow.

John Major did the same thing. the 1992-1997 government was technically longer than 5 years because they held off calling the election right until the last moment.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not racist if you say it against Muslim people. Thereā€™s nothing you can say thatā€™s out of bounds.

4 Likes

Angry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTVā€™s At Home with Amy Sedaris

4 Likes

For anyone living in London ā€“ London Mayoral Election is 2nd May 2024.

And you will need a form of photo ID to vote.

6 Likes

That is bloody cool.
Iā€™ve been using duckduckgo for a couple of years now and today I learned something new.
Many thanks.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

On Firefox, you can set up your own search shortcuts to perform searches on different websites and using different search engines.

4 Likes

And another oneā€™s joined in.

7 Likes

Excellent stuff, thanks.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

To be fair, they probably are, for him.

You know, just like the inhabitants of those parts of the borough wouldnā€™t be welcome in Knightsbridge or Kensington, except if they were turning up in uniform to work.

5 Likes

There are some really rough areas there, but almost all the problems I saw when I worked near there are due to 10 fucking years of Tory austerity, not the fact that a good portion of the population are brown and Muslim.

6 Likes

To be fair to Scully: if youā€™re a monstrous fucking racist, of course some of the more diverse areas of the capital will feel like no-go areas.

ā€¦But that is only a consequence of being a monstrous fucking racist, not a result of anyone actually keeping you out of the areas in question.

5 Likes

Assuming itā€™s on the same rules as council/general elections, you can bypass the ID requirement by requesting a postal vote.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Fuck the Workers Party of Britain. Red fascists are still fascists.

11 Likes

Top Catā€™s back again, I see. His planet-sized ego just couldnā€™t resist adding to this chaotic by-election.

So heā€™s given up on backing Brexit and telling people to vote conservative, and heā€™s back to his old strategy of selling social conservatism and opposition to UK foreign policy to the muslim population of the seat, while painting himself as a leftist.

Whatā€™s interesting is that this by-election shows that thereā€™s no depth to the support of any of the major parties. Labour pulled out of the race after disowning their candidate, and the Tory and Lib Dem vote still collapsed in this seat, with the runner-up being a local independent campaigner.

2 Likes