UK Political Thread, part the second

If the Bank of England is your idea of “the left” then, sure, blame the left.

Words mean nothing to the likes of her anyway.

Remember when they preached “personal responsibility”? You are personally responsible for the fact that you are utterly incapable of running a corner sweetshop, too untrustworthy to be in any position of responsibility, and too unhinged to assess how anything you did went wrong Liz.

8 Likes

Beer for Belgian Mayor please

4 Likes

Love that common-sense link.

2 Likes

I could barely stand a minute of her Chris Mason interview which was just an exercise in blame-shifting on to this seemingly shadowy, all powerful “them” that are just out to get her. As well as her nauseating obsession with grubby little men riding the coattails of history.

Once again, are you stupid or are you just an empty vessel?

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

4 Likes

Another day, more sleaze.

He has had the Conservative whip withdrawn

No comment

7 Likes
7 Likes

The detail is the English Conservative Party is refusing to negotiate this with the EU but wants to do it with individual states.

Angry Get Lost GIF by The Foodie Travels Show

8 Likes
2 Likes

Labour is not much better

And Labour has said it has “no plans for a youth mobility scheme” if it wins the general election later this year.

A party spokesperson said it had already pledged “no return to the single market, customs union or free movement” if it takes office

The Breakfast Club Middle Finger GIF by Filmin

8 Likes

“Delivering a speech on welfare reform, the Prime Minister said people should avoid ‘over-medicalising the everyday challenges and worries of life,’ pointing the finger at people struggling with depression and anxiety.

Sunak said ‘something has gone wrong’ since the pandemic to increase the number of people signed off work for long-term sickness, especially those with mental health conditions.“

I guess ignoring the pandemic wasn’t the best policy.

7 Likes

… well isn’t that an interesting basis for discrimination :thinking:

4 Likes

Mr Stride told LBC Radio this morning: ‘If you look at issues like long-term sickness, disability, and you add up all the costs of all the benefits there, you get to about £69 billion.

How much are the handouts and tax breaks to your Tory friends costing us?

I also expect Keir Starmer to copy this in his desperate attempt to out-Tory the Tories.

11 Likes

Ah, but that would mean actually having a policy on an issue. Much too decisive for sir haircut.

6 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes

One less Labour TER in the House of Lords to worry about, at least until Starmer finds her replacement.

The Senior Deputy Speaker
(Lord Gardiner of Kimble)

My Lords, I regret to inform the House of the deaths of the noble Baroness, Lady Gardner of Parkes, on Sunday 14 April and the noble Baroness, Lady Massey of Darwen, on Saturday 20 April. On behalf of the House, I extend our condolences to the noble Baronesses’ families and friends.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2024-04-22/debates/1F7BB1F3-F99D-487A-869A-9E3239F284E7/DeathsOfMembers

January 2022:

5 Likes

An obituary read with gusto.

2 Likes
3 Likes

So what what will that mean?

1 Like

Probably a vote of no confidence.

1 Like