UK Political Thread, part the second

But on the other hand, they’ve accepted another Tory defector today, so… Yay…? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

6 Likes

I honestly don’t think I can bring myself to vote for them. Newcastle is a safe seat anyway, so it doesn’t matter if I vote for whichever of McSweeney’s creatures they parachute in or not.

I emailed my MP and told him exactly why I felt like this, but he absolutely doesn’t give a fuck, cos he’s standing down. Well, it’s Nick Brown, so he wouldn’t give a fuck if he was running again, that’s kind of his thing.

5 Likes

14 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

If they are doing this then they can do it to estrogen too.

It looks like I am going to have to remember my chemistry a levels, I may have dropped out because of ill health, but I remember enough. Homebrew Estrogel is easy enough to make though.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I didn’t need another reason to hate her, but making me defend Tony Blair gives me one. The reason she gives for him being worse gives me another.

Tony Blair never killed the Queen though, so she has that in her favour.

Labour The Deep State are about to take her seat away from her though.

13 Likes

My reading: The Tories have disappeared up their own incompetent arses, and will be spanked, and thoroughly deserve to be. Starmer’s Labour is working to take their place as the mainstream right wing party, which (given the Labour purges on its own left wing candidates) leaves the left political space open to the Greens. Labour will win, but despite Keith, not because of him.

7 Likes

It’s the first Monday of Pride month. Hanlon’s razor does not apply to the Tories, they do their stupidity because of their malice, not the other way round.

Labour are fence sitting, in their usual lean towards the TERs way.

I expected this, to be honest. I think it’s time for us to show less pride and more wrath.

13 Likes

Urgh

10 Likes

Witness Politics Live this afternoon with Wes Streeting sat next to a Tory spouting the usual TER propaganda but challenging none of it. But it is Wes Streeting afterall…

7 Likes

So he was being restrained then?

There are Tories I hate less than Wes Streeting, He was a bastard when he was President of the NUS, and he has only become worse with time. He is a TER himself.

I can only hope he is shuffled out of Health and Social Care after the election, or we are going to have this nightmare continue.

9 Likes

“Fake patriots…pretending to love Britain…”

6 Likes
6 Likes

One thing that’s in the background of the UK election is how polarised the country is by age:

There was always a bit of a skew, but recent political trends have exacerbated this, turning it into a chasm of opinion.

12 Likes

Labour / red, Tories / blue I get. What are the other colours?

Orange is Lib Dem?
White is DUP?
Green is Greens?

4 Likes

Orange is Lib Dems,
Yellow is SNP,
Green is Plaid Cymru,
Light green is Green (Two tiny dots of Bristol central and Brighton Pavillion on the “young” map)
White is “We’ve not included the results for Northern Ireland”
Black is the speaker

7 Likes

Never change, coastal Wales.

3 Likes

Well-played that woman.

7 Likes