UK Political Thread, part the second

Another campaigning day, another set of headlines.

8 Likes

2 days before the election was announced, the Spectator went to press with a lead editorial on how anything but a November election would be political suicide.

7 Likes

… why November specifically :confused:

5 Likes

It’s political suicide all the way down…

8 Likes

I’ve seen my fair share of elections now and i could quite easily be convinced this inept, shambolic, omnishambles of a campaign is a deliberate attempt to dump all this country’s many problems on to Labour. Or are they just that incompetent?

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

5 Likes

This fucking asshole
rootin-tootin-vladimir-putin
loves chaos in more civilized countries. Plennya roubles got dumped into the brexshit campaign.

5 Likes

I am not buying the Spectator to find out.

I imagine that the Tories assumed that the “costaliving crisis” would seem less and that one more lucky winner would be sent to Rwanda with £3,000 – fat chance.

Sunak just wants to spend more time with his money.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I read a great comment on a UK politics yt vid. The commenter had said the hatred for the tories is much broader and deeper than they’d realized.

They’d gone to the doctor, and one of the many questions they were asked was, “What color are your tories?” :rofl: tophat-rofl

3 Likes

b0c4a71128b74869

:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

[This vid’s loud at the end] Amazing! Even worse than a rethuglicant! and Well Done that reporter!

Goddess:

5 Likes

Looks like the combo of expenses scandal, three jobs and booting out an ill candidate so he could have their westminster seat has just been too much.

What a shambles, though. Sacking a branch office manager in the middle of an election campaign.

4 Likes

I’ve paid pretty close attention to UK politics since getting online in Oct '98, and have never heard any but the tory party referred to as an “omnishambles,” nor “an absolute shower.”

1 Like
10 Likes

This is two weeks old, but so damn good…

8 Likes

Make your vote Count!

5 Likes
8 Likes

Our current fascist government has managed to expel exactly one refugee to Rwanda.

For the same price we could have had 40 Steve Austins.

six

Just my thought for the day.

8 Likes

If the Tories made the Six Million Dollar Man, you can guarantee that at least 5.9 million will end up in the pockets of Conservative Party donors, while all of Steve Austin’s modifications will come from Poundland.

15 Likes

Who had, entirely coincidentally, made substantial contributions to someone’s coffers.

5 Likes