UK Political Thread, part the second

OK, it is less than a week until the election, and my vote has still not arrived in the post. I’m getting paranoid that some TER has disenfranchised me and no-one has bothered to tell me.

Yes, I know it is more likely lack of funding and other Tory bullshit.

3 Likes

More likely a postal failing.
I know this is Scotland, but you could contact your local council

4 Likes

Assuming your council runs things the same as mine:

Did you get the voting card that arrived a week or so before the postal ballot? should have a number to call if you didn’t recieve the ballot.

Also last elections my friend didn’t get his and didn’t notice until the last minute. He could still vote, but had to go in person to the council offices…

4 Likes

Nope.

I’m trying to call it, but I never seem to get through. I’m going to try to go to the council offices tomorrow.

One possible issue is that I am on the restricted access electoral register, so that might be causing problems

3 Likes

Very NSFW ‘broadcast’ from Mr Pie:

and who the fuck could blame him?

5 Likes

Daaaaaaamn son.

2 Likes

'Swhat I love about him. He holds nothing back!

2 Likes

The crisis is over, my voting card is at the council offices.

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t called the council though?

As a side point, I got hate mail today in the form of election leaflets. Not one, but two candidates saying I don’t have a right to exist, worded in a way to stay just about on the right side of the law. Neither of them will come close to winning, but I have never personally experienced this level of hatred in an election before.

8 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

I see they’ve dragged out the mop-top Mussolini from whatever beach he was lounging on because, apparently, he’s popular with the base? Despite the endless corruption, scandal and many many many Covid deaths under this tenure. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

A last ditch effort to scupper Farage, it won’t change the outcome but anything that damages Reform is somewhat attractive.

6 Likes

I agree but Reform seem to have been doing a great job of that themselves recently, Fromage thinks he’s campaigning in the US and he’s paying the price. It depresses me though how many local people i’ve heard who will be voting for the fash wankers.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Look I’m not going to suggest that his life gets ended pretty soon. But I’m not going to say there wouldn’t be some upsides…

9 Likes

Remember, folks, it’s always a good idea to punch Nazis.

9 Likes

7 Likes

so-sad-bye-bye

4 Likes

The latest from dearest Jonathan Pie!

4 Likes