UK Political Thread, part the second

IKR?!

ETA:
fingers crost

6 Likes

Apols if someone already posted this. I’ll delete it if so.

5 Likes

Next prime minister’s cabinet did this:

5 Likes

Well, that’s certainly shitty.

3 Likes

Ok, this was unexpected

9 Likes

FYI, we have to register to read any article on the FT.

5 Likes
11 Likes

Best Friends Thank You GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

8 Likes

Here’s another source:

10 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

I recommend that you be carted off for questioning on war crimes you lying sack of shit.

Immigration is a bigger topic in the media than it is among most people. A group of people is very vexed about it and makes a lot of noise. This generates a lot of engagement, in particular rage clicks which are doubleplusgood clicks. We call these people fascists Tony. And we don’t deal with them.

Do keep up you out of touch old war criminal.

If you want to remove the grievances that drive people to the very worst people as a refuge/ build houses, fix health services, provide other social services, make education free again, reduce excessive in your face jaw dropping and alienating inequality.

To do all these really popular things you way need to tax the fucking rich. But that’s a problem for you Anto isn’t it? That’s why you and your ilk need to get gone and not be platformed by the Guardian. You are the reason the Conservative Party was in power for 14 corrupt and incompetent years.

10 Likes

Lettuce rejoice!

7 Likes

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

7 Likes

This has a big “Give the fascists what they want so they don’t get too cranky” mood to it. And we all know exactly how well that will work.

8 Likes

The Age profile is interesting:

The median age of a Labour voter is now 46 and the median age of a Conservative voter is 63.

5 Likes

Unsightly bulge in the Reform votes in the 40-70 range.

3 Likes

And, get ready for disappointment:

Possibly the most rapid betrayal of their voters on record.

6 Likes

I see discussion on whether the Tories should be chasing the Reform vote on their right or the LD vote on their left.

I don’t see discussion that all parties should be targeting the did not votes. Especially the ones that moved to not voting.

7 Likes

But that sounds HaaAAaaaaaAaard.

Doing that means actually engaging with the population and finding out what they want and what would improve society and stuff. Who’s got time for that shit? Easier to figure out whether to chase the smoothbrained fascists, or to pretend not to be chasing the smoothbrained fascists.

8 Likes