UK Political Thread, part the second

2 Likes

Meanwhile, prime minister Keir Starmer favours a wider rollout of live facial recognition to track thugs and prevent them from traveling to places where they plan to cause social unrest

7 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

We know where some of it is going

£98,000 a month for 32 hours spouting fascism.

10 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
10 Likes

Put people actively hostile to public services in charge of public services seems somewhat shortsighted.

10 Likes

Tory is as Tory does.

11 Likes

…and it’s exactly what merkin von bankrupt did, putting betsy “charter schools!” devos in charge of public education, and an oil co. exec in charge of the environmental dept, just to name a couple.

10 Likes
6 Likes

From experience here in Ireland I can suggest it is medium sighted. In the short term they flounder about achieving very little. But in the medium term they make a bunch of their friends very rich indeed.

I rather hope that in long term they place their own heads on spikes but I grow churlish and less forgiving as I grow older.

4 Likes

Fuck that. Arrest Farbage! Arrest Tommy Ten Names. Put out a Red Notice on “Paedo Guy”.

Leave actual journalists alone.

6 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes
8 Likes

Let him fucking rot in whatever hole he’s in.

ETA
He was a torturer and a serial killer. Rank or no rank.

4 Likes

I keep seeing crazy stuff about the Truss regime and how they were pushing for ever crazier stuff (like Mogg wanted to plug a nuclear submarine into the grid) and now this:

How did those people manage to convince the electorate that they were sane? I get that nobody read that batshit book she and Kwarteng had out about 15(?) years ago, but they were the Kraziest Klowns to Klimt out of the Klown Kar of Krazeeeee.

7 Likes
6 Likes